Gift for Mando (Christmas)

(To everyone Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and anything I may be missing out. I hope you have a wonderful despite COVID. Stay safe and take care.)

(This isn't a long one and not my best writing but I wanted to write some fluff for today.)

"Close your eyes." You say softly as you enter the cockpit of the Razor Crest making Din turn in the pilot seat. 

"What?" He asks his confusion carrying through the modulator of his helmet. Giving a soft smile you roll your eyes.

"Close your eyes. Just trust me please. If I stab you, you have my permission to throw me in carbonite." Fidgeting on the spot you hold something behind you and Din clearly picks up on your excitement. 

"Ok fine." He chuckles shaking his head a little before closing his eyes.

"No peaking just be because I can't see your eyes." You giggle before sticking your tongue out. Getting no kind of response you continue. "Ok put your hands out in front of you." 

"Y/n?" Din starts with a chuckle, hearing the pure childish excitement behind your orders. 

"Just do it will you." You laugh. As he puts his hands out you gently place a wrapped present on them. "Ok open up." 

Opening his eyes Din instantly tilts his head, unsure of what to make of the thing wrapped in paper in his hands. Sensing his confusion you take a little step forwards, nerves starting to grow.

"This time of year where I'm from it's tradition to give those you care about gifts to commemorate a great miracle that happened a long time ago. Or something like that. Lots of different people see it many different ways. I know I don't live there anymore and you're not from there but I like keeping up the tradition." You coo with a slight embarrassed tone behind your voice. 

Gently undoing the string that close the brown paper from around the gift, Din looks up at you for a second absently infatuated by your never ending ability to surprise him. Pulling the paper away he lets out a soft chuckle as he gazes down at beautifully hand knitted scarf and gloves, made with yarn that matches the colours as the kid.   

"I know it's not much and you might not wear it much but you said you were cold sometimes in the ship so I thought a scarf might help stop a draft up your helmet and the gloves, though fingerless will keep your hands warm while you work." 

"I love them." Din says softly, easing your nerves. "Thank you y/n." He says as he stands up from the pilots seat, pulling you into a warm hug. A few seconds passes before you both pull away, your attention roused by the small cooing of the child entering the cockpit. Seeing him Din let's out a big chuckle, scooping up the little green thing admiring its new hat that looks a lot like Dins helmet. Two slits in the side so his ears can fit the hat nicely. (It doesn't cover his face). "Who's this little mandalorian on my ship?" He jests making the kid giggle and gurgle a little. "Y/n this is amazing, thank you. Remind me next we land and I'll get you something, belated but still." You can hear how grateful he is, his voice softer than you've ever heard it before. Sitting back down in the pilots seat Din places the kid upon his lap, grabbing his gift off of the control panels. 

"Merry Christmas boys." You smile watching as Din shows his new scarf and gloves to the kid, the little green bean cooing excitedly as he realised they're the same colours as he is. Leaning back against the wall you admire your family, small and isolated but worth even more to you than anything in the entire galaxy.