Poe Dameron

Sorry this isn't my best one

"Alright Dameron calm down calm down. I think they get the picture, you have good aim" You chuckle as Poe brags about his last battle to a group of lovely ladies in the controls room. He's always been a big flirt and you find it hilarious how suave he is around everyone, male or female but especially the ladies. Watching his face flush red you punch his shoulder, letting out an even bigger laugh. 

"Ok. Well ladies I will see you around." Poe chuckles grabbing your arm humorously and pulling you away. "So much for being my back up you know, being my wing man....girl." He rolls his eyes. He's always treated you differently, like one of the guys. You actually really enjoy it, you get to see the real Poe Dameron. 

"You know me Dameron. I'm not going to let you sleep your way through this base that easily." You laugh, making him cackle as the two of you wander towards the cantina. "Also you know I'm only your wing 'man' on missions. I can't help it that my squadron is better than yours at flying." You jest knowing you could get away with saying it. 

Reaching the cantina the two of you slide onto one of the benches, two trays of food in front of you. Your squadrons sit chatting with each other. As the two of you grew in friendship so did your squadrons. 

"Well if it's not Dumb and Dumber." Someone jokes making you gasp in fake offence. 

"I'll have you know I am of some intelligence, be it very little. I can't however speak for fuzz brain over here." You fire back, gesturing at Poe who swiftly punches you in the shoulder. "Ok ok I'm sorry." 

"Yeah you better be." He chuckles before starting to stuff his face with the pasta like dish the canine was serving today. 

The lot of you sit chatting away merrily, joking about your days. Leaning back in your seat you nibble at your bowl of pasta watching as Poe nearly inhales his next to you. Noticing you've barely touched your food, Poe raises an eye brow. Usually by now you would have finished your food. Honestly you weren't that hungry today, you're to busy thinking or more trying not to think. For months now you've been utterly effectuated by your best friend, butterflies running rampant in your stomach every time he speaks. But of course you can't tell him. Poe has had his eyes in everyone else other than you, he'd never look at you the way he does other girls. 

"Dameron to Y/l/n? You ok?" Poe chuckles jolting you from you thoughts. Letting out a slightly embarrassed laugh you shake you head.

"Yeah sorry, lost in thought again. What is everyone talking about now?" 

"Oh we're placing bets on who Poe will get with next." Jaquelin laughs making you drop your head a little. 

"Right....Ok well excuse me if I don't take part in that bet, I've lost enough credits to the lot of you." You do your best to put a smile as you take a big bite of your pasta, averting your eyes from anyone who might question you. 

"Alright but it's your loss." Poe smirks poking you in the side. 

"Yeah well I prepared to be a loser." You mutter almost silently before shovelling more food into your mouth. Sensing your funny mood Poe opens his mouth to make sure you're ok but all at once sirens start blaring calling pilots to their ships. Jumping up from your seats all squadrons sprint out of the base pulling your suits and gear on. Making sure your whole squad gets to the landing pads you do a quick head count, glancing over at Poe doing the exact same thing. 

"Hey Poe! See you on the other side slow coach." You taunt as you jump into your X wing

"Oh you're on snails pace." He retorts, flipping you off in a friends kind of way.