Hux

Really not my best work but gets better towards the end I promise XD

You sit silently at your station you keep your eyes glued to your screen. Anyone who has the honour to work in the bridge of the Finaliser knows that you keep your eyes to yourself and stay quiet. Your promotion was unexpected. Previously you worked computer maintenance in the server rooms but after an outburst from Kylo Ren a space opened up and because of your excellent work you'd been promoted. The uniform was the same, a few differences in the symbols on it and your hat is a little more important looking than before. However in it you feel like a statue, grey and lifeless. You've been in this post for a few weeks now rotating around on 8 hour shifts, with minimal toilet breaks, and it's fair to say you miss your old job. Nevertheless you can't complain, this is the First Order after all.

Your day had started out like any other. You were doing your best not to get under anyone's feet and get your own work done as quickly as possible. It wasn't until mid afternoon that something worthy of your attention.

Like the saying goes, the force moves darkly around those who are about to kill. The room around you begins to play in slow motion before your eyes, every slight movement registers in your mind. Watching a blaster be taken from a trooper you feel the force darken even more. Pulling the trigger General Pryde sneers cruelly. With no hesitation you hand shoots up from your work panel up at the blaster.

"NO!" You scream reaching out in front of you. As you do the blaster shot goes flying off into a controls panel, burning a hole through it. The room falls silent as you stand there in shock.

"Arrest her! It would seem Hux that you have outed a possible rebel spy amongst us. Commander Ren will be impressed, this may have spared your life."  Storm Troopers swarm around grabbing your arms and dragging you out towards the cells. As they do you don't even try to fight, what you'd just done only just sinking into your mind. Making faint eye contact with Hux a singular tear trickles its way down your cheek before you're finally out of his sight.

Gripping at your hair you pace around your cell frantically going the events of the control room over and over in your head. It had to be done, you keep telling yourself knowing each word was true. The sound of the cell bars opening causes you to spin around harshly finding yourself faced with Snokes prodigy, Kylo Ren. 

"I am impressed you managed to hide under our noses for so long. You are a strong one with the force, yet you have had no training." He compliments, prowling around you like a lothcat on the hunt.

"Making rocks float isn't that hard. Hiding it from monsters like you was easy, I just kept my head low. You were the one stupid enough not to notice." You bark back, a bitterness lacing your tongue.

"You are in no position to address me like that." Ren strops his modulated voice like that of a grumpy child. 

"Oh I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings?" You seethe your eyes rolling at Ren's juvenile behaviour.  

"I did come here to offer you a place by my side, take it and I will disregard what you said."

"I'd rather you just killed me."

"Then you will have your wish and will be executed as a traitor to the first order." Turning to the door he stops for a moment. "Such potential in such a failure of a person." 

Now alone once again you lie on the cell floor and finally let your tears fall, despair filling you. Your cries echo down the hollow halls, you know you have to die but some part of you still is fighting to live. A very quiet voice struggling against the reality of how this must go and anyway to join the first order as a soldier would be so much worse than death. You would stay complicit to their atrocities, but no longer.