Chapter 4

Song - Dear Maria count me in by all time low
Warning: violence, cussing, blood
(sorry I have to do this so people don't have to get all pissy)

(Peeta's Pov)

So, I go along with Haymitch's plan. I announce my love for her during my interview. I can still feel the heat on my cheeks.

I told Caesar. It wouldn't work in my case. Because the girl I love more than anything in the world. Is with me. Well.. of course it didn't come out like that but I wish I said it.

I walk off the stage when my interview is over. The next thing I know I am pushed down and I fall into a vase. I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my hands, it suddenly feels warm as my blood rushes to my hands as it bleeds around the stained glass. When I get up I am pushed up against the wall, someone's arm pushed up against my neck. I open my eyes to see Katniss' scowl. "What the hell was that!?" She growls and demonstrates her anger by loosening her hold, causing me to lean foward slightly before slamming me against the wall again. "First you don't talk to me, Now you say you have a crush on me?!" She glares and has a predator look in her eyes. "Then you want to train alone! Is that how you wanna play!?" She shouts. I gulp and avoid her gaze, before Haymitch pulls her off.

"Woah Woah, girlie!" He yells at her in anger. "what was that?!"

She huffs, sounding slightly disgusted. "He made me look weak!" She growls out.

"He made you look desirable! To get you sponsors! Which in your case won't hurt sweetheart!" He yells back.

"He's right, Katniss." Cinna adds calmly.

"Of course I'm right. Now I can sell the Star-crossed lovers of district 12-"

"We are not star-crossed lovers" she practically spits it out like it's something disgusting. Well.. in her case it probably is. Damn maybe I did deserve my hands getting cut up.

"It's a television show..." He growls.

I look down at my bloody hands and I wince softly as I pull the big shards of colored glass out. I look at her then I look back down. "Sorry.." I whisper before walking off before hearing the last part.

~~~

The next time we see each other, we are in the arena. My hands are bandaged only around the palms so I can still grab supplies if I really wanted to. But I'm going ahead with Haymitch's plan. Even though she finds my love for her disgusting.. or at least sounded like it was.

I join up with Cato and the careers. I tell them I can help them find Katniss.. or eleven as they like to call her. They are mostly after her just because of her score. I sigh heavily and start the long journey to my own demise, but, in hopes of keeping the one I love the most alive. She'll go home.. to her sister and mother who need her. I think to myself as I lead the careers away. Or what I hoped was away.

The next day.. or I think it is the next day. The gamemakers like to mess with the time. Sometimes it's night sometimes it's daylight. But they ended up finding her. My eyes widen in fear but I watch as she climbs a tree, Cato tries but thankfully fails. Glimmer, the girl from District 1. She turns to look at me, her curly and plush blonde hair whips around as she does. Her green eyes glaring into mine. "Lover boy can try to talk her down" she says to Cato, with a bright smile. Ugh.. God kill me now. Get me away from them..

I slowly nod. "Um.. well.." I stop and scratch the back of my neck. "let's just wait her out. She'll have to come down eventually.. and well.. she'll run out of food." I add to try and convince them.