Chapter 3

(Katniss's pov)

Soon were in our quarters, this entire quarters is bigger than my entire house. We are called to dinner sooner than I thought. Good I'm starving.

I notice a familiar girl. Effie calls her an Avox. I question and haymitch replies saying it's someone who committed a crime. I nod.

Her and a boy.. we're running from a Capitol hovercraft. I watch as I a spear goes through the male. She yells something. I think it's his name before noticing me and looking right at me before being taken.

Effie asks me how I would know her. But before the conversation could get worse, as they look at me with suspicious and questioning looks. Peeta snaps his fingers, and immediately speaks up. "Delly Cartwright! That's who it is! I kept thinking she looked familiar. She's a dead ringer for Delly" he says quickly.

I jump onto his suggestion gratefully. "Of course, that's who I was thinking of. It must be the hair"

"Something about the eyes too" Peeta adds.

Haymitch and Cinna both shake it off and move the topic to something else. "Whose idea was the hand holding?" He asks.

"Cinna's," Portia smiles.

"Just the perfect touch of rebellion" he chuckles "very nice"

I look confused and turn toward Peeta. He looks just as confused as me.

I start thinking to how Peeta just saved me from their confused glances and most likely more questions. Soon everyone leaves to their quarters and it leaves Peeta and I. He looks at me "have you been to the roof?" He asks softly.

I shake my head. "Cinna showed me it. You can see the whole city. The wind's a bit loud, though."

"Can we just go up?" I ask softly. Knowing they most likely can't hear anything up there. 

He nods "sure, come on" he says simply. I follow him to a flight of stairs that lead to the roof.

He leads me to a small dome-shaped room with a door to the outside. I catch my breath when I see the view. It's beautiful. The Capitol twinkles like a vast field of fireflies. We don't really have electricity most of the time in 12. We walk to the railing and I look down the side. I watch the people walk past, I can hear the cars honking and driving past.

I look at him, as he spoke up. "I asked Cinna why they let us up here. Weren't they worried that some of the tributes might decide to jump right over the side?"

"What'd he say?" I ask.

"You can't" he says simply before holding out his hand and I hear a sharp zap. He jets it back. "An electric field.." he nervously smiles at me.

"Always worried about our safety" I mutter. He let's out a soft chuckle.

After a few moments of silence other than the wind blowing. I speak up "do you think they're watching us now?"

"Maybe" he admits "come see the garden" We walk to the one side of the dome, they've built a garden with flower beds and potted trees. From the branches hang hundreds of wind chimes, which must've been the tinkling I heard.

I notice Peeta staring at me expectantly. I pretend to examine a blossom. I tell him how Gale and I were waiting for game. Until a hovercraft appeared out of nowhere. We were under a rock. The birds had stopped singing and we noticed a boy get shot with a spear and the girl cried out for him. She called out for help and we didn't help her.. we watched as she was taken.

He frowns. "You're shivering.." he whispers. I am too lost in my thoughts, I don't even feel it when he wraps his jacket around my shoulders. I move back, looking at him unexpectedly. Before I accept his jacket and his kindness. "They were from here?" He asks, as he secures a button at my neck.