Chapter 12

Also I know no one cares but Peeta's prosthetic looks like that⤴ (in the fanart) Xp

Warning: abuse, depression/suicidal thoughts, alcoholic beverages, Everthorne, ableism, violence, slight sexual content. (Dry humping)
Song - Every time you leave by I Prevail with Delaney Jane.

Rye and I finish up packing and moving my things. It wasn't much so it wasn't hard. It only took us the rest of the day and part of the next one just so Rye didn't have to go back and see our mother.

My brother had to leave right after he finished helping me. Needing to be back at the bakery before our Mother found out he was gone. It was now noon and they'll probably need help. I'll go in later, hopefully she forgot what happened the other day.

I'm left alone. In a big empty house. Alone with my thoughts.

Katniss never loved me. She's off with Gale right now. It was all an act so she wouldn't feel bad. She only cares cause she trades with my Dad. She doesn't care.

Mom was right. I'm worthless. I couldn't even die like I was supposed to.

I shake my head, trying to stop these thoughts. I run a hand through my hair before walking out of my house and heading to Haymitch's house. I knock on his door and wait patiently for the man to answer his door.

I hear the rolling of bottles, and stumbling footsteps as he makes his way to answer the door, he has a bottle in one hand, the other hand leant against the doorframe. "If this is about the girl I don't want to hear it. I got her out like ya wanted me to. Now let me drink my winnings in peace."

I sigh heavily. "It's not about Katniss. I just want to ask how do you get supplies from the Capitol since I'm guessing you don't get all this alcohol by making it."

"Fine. Fine. Go to the train station. There's a lady who works in the supply room. Fill out a form. And tell them your name and that your a victor. They'll let you use your winnings." He stops and looks at me suspiciously. "Your not getting stuff for the girl are ya? Or are you getting booze?"

I look at him. "No.. I just want baking supplies. If I ever wanted alcohol I'd come to you." I mutter, already getting somewhat tired of this conversation.

He nods. "Come to me first, boy." He says, sternly. I tried to see if he was joking but his face is serious.

I nod quickly. "Fine. Okay. I will come to you." Haymitch nods and mutters. 'Good'

He looks at me. "How have you been since we've gotten back?"

"Horrible." I mutter softly. "Forget it, Haymitch. I have to get to work. I'll see you later." I whisper before quickly turning and walking off his porch, I don't want him asking anymore questions.

I take a detour and go to the train station. I talk to the lady, that I hope Haymitch was talking about before leaving toward the bakery.

When I make it to the bakery I am met with a slap from my mother. "How dare you let that Seam rat threaten me!" She hisses. My gaze hits the floor tile, not wanting to meet the anger in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't know she'd be outside." I whisper softly.

She slaps me again and shoves me toward the counter. "You worthless, stupid boy! You're lucky we need the help or I'd tell you to drop dead!"

I flinch at her words. But I only nod and turn toward the counter so I can wash my hands for work. That just makes her angrier. I don't know why. Maybe cause I turned my back to her or maybe she just can't accept the fact that Katniss stood up to her. Either way it earns me, my mother hitting my back with balled up fists until her anger with me slowly fades and I hear her stomp up the stairs, muttering stuff under her breath.