This Is Us

At the request of dstroyr8nikh, I hope you like it. It's a little different than the request because they're already in a polygamous relationship before the split. If you want exactly the original prompt, I'd love to do that too. Just let me know dstroyr8nikh! Also, this starts at the beginning of 7x05 so if you haven't seen Season 7, SPOILER WARNING! You have been warned, but it doesn't exactly follow the plot. Still, spoilers nonetheless. Enjoy!

  <•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

Barry's POV

Barry sighed and leaned forward in his chair, resting his hands on the console.

"Barry, you've been at this all night. Maybe you should take a break and get some rest." Iris suggested, her voice laced with concern.

Barry shook his head. "I'm not gonna rest while that thing is still out there. Besides, with Ralph oversees for a while, and Frost still recovering-"

"Oh, I'd say she's more than just recovering." Cisco interrupted as he entered the Cortex. Caitlin was close behind, wringing her hands anxiously. "Check out this frosty twist."

Frost walked in with an enormous grin on her face.

A bolt of surprise shocked Barry onto his feet. "Are my bad meds still wearing off? I'm seeing double." He asked Iris, his jaw wide open.

"Yeah, you and me both." Iris said, stunned.

"I know this is a lot to take in." Caitlin said sheepishly.

Frost smirked. "Told you they'd freak." She held her hand out to Cisco who begrudgingly forked over twenty dollars.

"I don't..." Barry slowly walked over to Frost. He took her hand and took Caitlin's as well. A smile crossed from Frost's face to Barry's and made its way to Caitlin, although she looked rather distressed. "How is this possible?"

Frost opened her mouth but Iris, still trying to sort out the fact that she was seeing both Caitlin and Frost at the same time said, "Look, I'm gonna need to sit down for this one."

"Trust me, I had the same dopey look on my face that both of you have now." Cisco assured. Before Barry and Iris could be offended by the term 'dopey look', Cisco suggested they all sit down in the lounge. As they sat down, Frost launched into an explanation.

"So, you remember when Mirror Monarch blasted me with her gun? Well, ever since that blast, we've had these crazy headaches.  Last night, everything gets fuzzy, Caity passes out. And then we wake up- totally fine. But there's two of us." She said gesturing to herself and Caitlin.

"Mhm." Barry nodded, desperately confused.

"Uh, Eva's mirror gauntlet contained a reflective mirror chip. I think it forced Frost's cryogenes to rapidly replicate and create a whole new form so that she could survive." Caitlin clarified.

Cisco was clearly enjoying the confusion Barry and Iris were experiencing.  "Crazy, right?"

"So can you still hear each other's thoughts?" Barry asked.

"Nope. Just sweet, sweet silence." Frost grinned. "And I got to keep my powers. Caity got to keep the doctor stuff and science know-how which is fine by me."

"You always have felt like two different people. Now, you just have two different... bodies." Mused Cisco.

"But don't worry, I'm gonna figure out a way to get us back together as quickly as possible, because I'm afraid the longer we wait, the harder it'll be." Caitlin said, concern etched on her face.