Do You Need To Borrow My Glasses?

Caitlin's POV

"Everything's quiet here, no bank alarms, car chases, meta-attacks. Not even muggings." Cisco informed. "Are all the criminals in Central City taking a day off?"

Barry, Felicity, Oliver, Dig, Cisco, Dr. Wells and Caitlin all lounged in the Cortex, waiting for any trouble, yet there was none today.

"Maybe they heard the Arrow was in town, and decided they'd be better off hiding in their evil lairs." Theorized Felicity.

"Gee, thanks, Felicity. That's not insulting at all." Barry said sarcastically.

"Oh. No, no, no. I-I meant with two heroes in town, why would criminals even try? That was implied, right?" Covered Felicity hastily.

Barry laughed. "I was kidding, Felicity. Hey, how bout I get us some coffee while we wait?"

"Sounds good, I'll come with you." Offered Oliver.

"No, it's okay. I'll just run over and be back in a flash." Barry grinned at the pun, while everyone else rolled their eyes. "Coffee orders, everyone?"

They went around the room, Barry writing their orders down. When it was Caitlin's turn to order, Barry just chuckled, and said

"I know your coffee order, Cait." Barry gave her an amused look. "Alright, I'll get your coffees and be right back." And with that he flashed off to Jitters.

Caitlin sat down behind the computers and glanced at the monitor once more, yet it was still silent. She felt eyes on her, and turned to face Felicity who was next to her.

"Can I help you, Felicity?" Caitlin raised her eyebrows at the woman staring at her.

"I saw that." Felicity had a mischievous look on her face.

"Saw what?" Asked Caitlin.

"Sparks. Between you and Barry?" Felicity mimicked fireworks with her hands. Caitlin gave her a blank look. Sparks?

"Oh, please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw it!" Felicity looked at everyone else in the room for help, who shrugged. "Do you need to borrow my glasses?"

The men stayed quiet for a moment before Dr. Wells spoke up.

"Well, now that you mention that sexual tension it's easy to see." Caitlin blushed as red as Barry's suit when her boss said that.

Felicity, Dig and Cisco all grinned while Oliver visibly bit back a laugh.

"Oh, come on, all of you?" Caitlin said in exasperation.

"Felicity has a point." Shrugged Cisco.

"Ms. Smoak is right. I have seen these so called sparks and I think you and Barry would make a lovely couple." Dr. Wells said with smile.

"It's true. There's definatly something there, Caitlin." Mused Dig.

"Not you too, Dig." Caitlin groaned.

"You can't blame him, Caitlin. Felicity's right." Said Oliver.

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say I'm right?" Felicity looked at Oliver in astonishment.

Oliver bit back a smile. "I... might have. I just think there's... what was the word you used, Felicity?"

"Sparks."

"Right." Oliver walked over to Caitlin. "Look, we've been living this life for a while. When you see love, you have to go for it."

"What are we talking about?" Joe asked as he walked in the room.

"The sparks between Caitlin and Barry." Cisco grinned.

"Well, it's about damn time. It took you geniuses long enough to see it." Mused Joe.

"Joe!" Caitlin exclaimed.

"I've known Barry longer than any of you have. I'm telling you, that boy has a crush on you, Caitlin." Joe grinned as he leaned against the door.

"You guys are crazy! Barry does not have a crush on me!" Caitlin insisted. If Barry does like me... well it be the first time in a while where a guy likes me at the same time I like him.

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, he does."

"Yes, I do."

Everyone whipped around to see Barry in the doorway holding coffee.

Caitlin's eyes widened. "Barry..." This is where he says it's a joke.

"It's true. They're all right." Barry said, walking slowly towards Caitlin. "Um, guys? Can we have the room?" The group exchanged a look, then quickly left the room.

"Barry...." Caitlin wasn't sure where to start.

"I like you, Cait. A lot." Barry said softly. Caitlin would gladly drown herself in his emerald eyes.

"I like you too." Caitlin beamed.

"Do you want to go out with me?" Barry asked, his eyes hopeful.

"Yes, I will go out with you." Caitlin  embraced Barry happily, knowing this was the beginning of something wonderful.

·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·

Haha I suck endings. Okay, hope you liked it. Short but funny (I hope). P.S. This takes place after 1x08, Team Arrow stays a but longer. Peace out ✌,

-satire_of_saturn