Love Is A Force Of Nature

Hiya! This isn't set in a particular season, but Caitlin isn't Killer Frost. Enjoy!

-satire_of_saturn

·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·><·

Barry's POV

Barry grinned as he pulled on his boots. This afternoon he was going snowshoeing with Caitlin. It was great hanging with the whole gang, but sometimes one on one time is nice. There was a good amount of snow on the ground already, and it was set to snow later that afternoon.

"Ready, Cait?" Barry asked as Caitlin walked in the room. They agreed to meet at S.T.A.R. Labs, then Barry would run them out to the trail.

"Yep! Water, matches, hot chocolate, snacks, and a first aid kit." Caitlin counted each item on her fingers. "You ready?"

"S'more stuff, snow shoes, blankets and hand sanitizer." Barry ran through his list in his head. They planned to start a bonfire and make s'mores when they reached the end of the trail.

"Awesome!" Caitlin put on her backpack, and Barry followed suit.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

At Caitlin's green light, Barry picked her up and ran off in a flash (of course the pun was intended). The pair came to a stop at a snowy trail. 

"Whew. That's always so cool." Marveled Caitlin with a smile. Barry felt a flutter at the happy expression on Caitlin's face.

Barry took the snow shoes out of his backpack and handed the smaller pair to Caitlin. He put his snow shoes on his feet but got distracted before he could buckle them. It had began to snow softly, and the thick flakes stuck beautifully in Caitlin's hair. He was so mesmerized he didn't even notice Caitlin stand up.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." Caitlin had a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Won't tell anyone what?" Barry furrowed his eyebrows.

"That you don't know how to buckle your snow shoes." Caitlin smirked, and quickly buckled Barry's snow shoes for him. Barry blushed as red as the suit he sped around in.

"Thanks." Barry said as he stood and pulled his backpack back on.

"Don't mention it." Caitlin and Barry began hiking up the trail, chatter and laughter flowing with ease.

It wasn't long before the snow began to pick up considerably. The wind picked up, and soon the two were hiking in a blizzard.

"Cait, grab my hand!" Yelled Barry. Caitlin obliged without hesitation, for they could barely see each other. Barry ran on what he hoped was the trail, and stopped as he spotted a building. He remembered reading about a lodge in this area, so he stopped.

Without hesitation, Barry vibrated his hand though the locked door and opened it. The pair rushed inside, pushing the door closed.

Caitlin pulled her hat off and took off her bag. "Where are we?"

"I thought it was the lodge, but now I don't think so." Barry looked around curiously.

The cabin had a large main level, with a small loft up top. The door they came through led to a living room, with clean and modern furniture. It certainly didn't look like a hunting lodge. The living room flowed into a nice kitchen, once again, with tidy and crisp features. There was a set of stairs leading to the loft, which held four sets of neat bunk beds.

Off the kitchen, there was two doors, one leading to a bathroom, the other leading to a professional looking dining room.

"Barry, I think I know where we are."