Catch Me

K, so this is late, lame and really short. Frak. I've had a lovely case of ✨writers block✨, and I'm so sorry. I barely could put together enough brain cells to write this piece of trash. Don't worry, I'm not discontinuing this!

So, this isn't part of any particular time line, because the timing wouldn't line up with canon. But basically, Barry is single and not in love with Iris, and Caitlin agreed to let (Killer) Frost be in control. Enjoy!

-satire_of_saturn

===================================================================================================================================

Barry's POV

Barry smiled as he glanced at Frost. It was nice to see her out, and not just because there was a baddie who needed stopping. He was grateful that Caitlin agreed to Frost getting a life, and he was happy Frost was a part of his life now. It had been a couple months since Frost took the wheel, and Barry realized just how much he cared for Frost. He cared for her too much, more than a friend should anyways.

"Hello? Earth to Barry?" Frost waved a hand in front of his face.

"Hmm?" Barry quickly snapped out of his daze.

"Cisco just said that we're done training for the night, and we can go home for the day." Said Frost.

"Sounds good." Barry took one last look at the training simulator scores, then grabbed his jacket. "You coming, Cisco?"

"I, um, I'm just going to grab something from my lab, you two can head out without me." Cisco said, as he speed walked to his lab.

Barry just shrugged. "See you tomorrow."

"Hey, Barry, I was wondering if-" Frost was cut off mid sentence as she tripped down the stairs. Barry watched it in slow motion, and quickly caught her in his arms, bridal style.

Barry smiled and decided to make a bold move. "It looks like you just fell for me."

Frost just rolled her eyes. "Put me down, Barry."

Barry set Frost down quickly and his cheeks blushed red in embarrassment.

Frost grinned at the blush on Barry's face. "I'll see you tomorrow." She left the room with a satisfied smirk.

"Ouch, that was cold, no pun intended." Cisco walked in with an amused smile.

"Were you really eavesdropping, man?" Barry raised his eyebrows.

"Of course I was eavesdropping, and I'm glad I did because I got to hear one of you finally make a move." Snorted Cisco.

"What are you talking about?" Barry asked, puzzled.

"Being in a room with you two constantly flirting is incredibly painful. Honestly, the amount of thirst is seriously uncomfortable." Cisco said.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Frost and I don't flirt that much." As Barry said it, he knew it was a lie.

"Yeah, and we haven't had that many problems with evil speedsters." Cisco replied sarcastically.

"Okay, so what are you saying? You think Frost and I have feelings for each other?" Barry questioned nonchalantly.

"Finally! That took an excruciatingly long time for you to to figure out." Cisco let out a sigh of relief.

"Very funny, Cisco. But you really think she likes me?" Barry unconsciously held his breath as he waited for an answer.

"I think she does, whether she knows it or not."

"What do you mean, whether she knows it or not?" Barry furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, I'm just saying she might have feelings for you, and not know it yet." Cisco said. "Hey, it's okay, in time she'll see how great you are."

"Thanks, man." Barry smiled.

"Anytime. Goodnight." Cisco waved and left.

"Night."

Barry knew he should be discouraged, even though he knew he should be. If it was anyone else, he would be disappointed that they didn't like him at the moment. But with Frost, it was different. He knew deep down Frost had feelings for him, and he didn't mind the wait. After all, she was worth it.

===================================================================================================================================

Huh, that turned out to be longer than I expected. Sorry if there's any mistakes, I posted this at 1:30 am, and I didn't want to keep y'all waiting any longer so I didn't edit. Hope you liked it! The next one will be longer. Stay amazing!

-satire_of_saturn