Chapter 26: Everyone's A Suspect and the Dark Archer Strikes Again

Athena's POV

We were recruiting so many more to our team. Felicity Smoak, the IT girl from Queen Consolidated, even came on to help us with technology and stuff. We got along well, but we had plenty of fights over who was the best hacker, which Felicity always won. I kinda think she cheated. Diggle and I got along well, and we trained often together, me showing him the ropes of firearms and knife fighting, while Oliver helped hone his growing skills in martial arts.

But Oliver began to suspect Moira of being involved in what was known as the Undertaking, and in turn, Felicity, Diggle and I began to investigate.

In the Arrow hideout...

'I've been watching your mother for days now, Oliver, and nothing. She goes to work, she comes home. Occasionally she goes out for dinner. She seems to particularly like the salmon tartare at table salt,' Diggle said. He had. Every night he'd been driving Mom to her work and back. All the while watching her for Oliver, who had begun to grow suspicions. I had, too. She and Malcolm Merlyn had been hanging out a little too much. And Walter's kidnapping wasn't exactly a coincidence, either.

'I'm linked into her home and office phone,' Felicity said. 'Nothing out of the ordinary. No mention of Walter's abduction or the Undertaking. Just a few innocuous calls to Malcolm Merlyn.'

'Why wouldn't she call him? They're old friends,' Oliver replied, sitting on a workbench. 

'We're all old friends,' I said. Felicity got up out of her chair and walked towards Oliver, who was making a strange face. Only it wasn't strange to me. It was the look of betrayal and pain.

'Are you okay?' she asked him.

'My - our mom,' he said, gesturing to me, 'and my best friend's dad are involved in a conspiracy that may have dire consequences for the city. And I'm pretty sure they murdered my father. I'm not planning on using the word 'okay' again anytime soon.' Diggle and I then walked up to Oliver, standing on either side of Felicity.

'Listen,' Diggle said, 'all we know for sure is that Malcolm and your mother are planning something for the Glades.'

'And that Walter and I were getting too close to him, which is why they had him kidnapped.'

'We have to find out what this Undertaking is,' I said.

'I'll ask her,' Oliver offered.

'Well, no. The last time the Hood paid your mother a visit, you got shot, and I got to play doctor with you.' She stopped herself in her tracks, facepalming herself. 'Ahh! My brain thinks of the worst way to say things.'

'I agree. I'll do it,' I said, stepping up to him and taking a deep breath.

'No. It has to be me. You stay here and train some more, help Felicity and Diggle deal with the Undertaking. This time it'll be just me asking. Friendly mother-son chat.'

Time skip

Evelyn Queen's POV

We brought Walter home that morning. Sources said he was saved by the vigilantes, the Hood and Athena. I hugged him.

'Welcome home, Walter.'

'Thank you, Evelyn.'

'Everything's exactly as you left it,' Mom said.

'How are you feeling, Walter?' Oliver asked.

'I'm on the mend, thank you, Oliver.' Thea strolled up and hugged him.