Chapter 12: Prospective Nightclub Pt. 2: The Competition

We strolled into the darkened room, my arm wrapped around Tommy's. Dance music played. I was wearing a backless red, sparkling dress with white heels, my hair beautifully curled over my shoulder and resting there. Diggle was behind us and Oliver was near us, in the front. This was Max Fuller's nightclub, Poison. 

'Oh, my, this is going to be killer,' Tommy said with a laugh. 

'If Max sees me here... I agree,' Oliver replied, his voice rising a few octaves as he walked through the red rope that the bouncer had set up, the two of us following soon after. 

'Oh, he's so gonna kill you,' I chimed in, the two men laughing soon after. 

'Ah, if you want to run a business,' Tommy replied, 'you've got to take a few risks.' Diggle was stopped at the front. 

'I don't see your name on the list.' We turned to walk away, but then Diggle called out to Oliver. 

'Mr. Queen!' Oliver walked back to him and the bouncer, speaking to him. 

'I have never seen this guy before in my life. Ever,' he said, winking at him before strolling off with us. 

'Have a wonderful evening, Mr. Diggle!' I shouted over my shoulder as I walked away with Tommy and Oliver. We entered the main section of the nightclub, where dance music blared louder than before and pretty girls stood all around in short and sometimes quite racy dresses. 'My, my, have you boys got a scene here. This is some serious competition.' We walked over to a bar table, where I saw Laurel watching one of her friends dance. She was shaking her head slowly, and just then Tommy called out. 

'Wow!' He walked up to Laurel, with Oliver and I trailing behind. 'Doesn't you going out and having fun violate some kind of law, you know, like the ones that are written on a stone tablet?'

'That's cute, Tommy,' Laurel snapped back. 

'Oh, yeah, real smooth, Thomas Merlyn.'

'Shut up,' he said. I just smirked. 'Thanks,' he sassed, returning his attention to Laurel. 

'I can see you two are up to your old hunting patterns,' she remarked. 'And - you're just along for the ride? Like old times?' she gestured to me. 

'Yeah, something like that.'

'Just seeing what passes for fun in Starling City after five years,' Oliver remarked. 

'Ah,' she replied. 'Well, I'm sure you'll find it just hasn't been the same without you.' Just then there was a girlish laugh as a girl in a black, sparkling dress ran up to us. 

'Big brother! Big sister!' I recognised Thea's voice immediately. She came up to Oliver, who had an unimpressed look on his face. She grabbed his arms, her head lolling to the side and a goofy smile on her face. 'Oh, I am so wasted right now.' She looked between the two of us. 'There - there is four of you.' 

'I thought you were grounded,' Oliver said. 

'I - I am. And thank you... thank you for that, by the way.' 

'Thea, you're done for the night,' I snapped. 

'Oh, what are you two going to do? Tell Mom?' 

'Thea!' Oliver shouted. 'You are hanging with the wrong people.' 

'You're one to talk,' she said, a laugh coming from her lips. 'How - how much do you know about your so-called friends over here?'

'Oh, Thea, maybe you should...' Tommy said, trying to intervene, but she interrupted him. 

'Tommy, I think your BFF has a right to know.' 

'Thea, let's go,' Oliver announced sternly. 

'Well, I guess they never told you that they've been screwing while you were gone,' she snapped childishly. I glared at Thea, then Tommy. 

'Sis, that's enough.' I saw Laurel look down and away from us. Thea glanced haughtily at Laurel and Tommy. 

'Look, man, I...'

'Tommy... it's okay,' Oliver reassured him. 

'You and me, we're done for the night.' He grabbed her arm. 'Come on, Evelyn.' I nodded. He began to pull her away, but she pushed him away from her. 

'Take your hands off of me!' Thea snapped. She got up in his face. 'You're not my father. And you're barely my brother.' He looked down as she stormed off. I took his hand. 

'It's okay, Ollie.' He met my eyes. Just then there was a voice. 

'Well... look at this. Oliver Queen.' We turned to see the infamous Max Fuller standing there with a smug look on his face. 

'Max Fuller.' He nodded at me. 

'Miss Evelyn Queen.' 

'Pleasure to finally meet you.' 

'How you been?' Oliver asked, trying to make conversation, but Fuller made a strange face and spoke snidely, 

'Happy you drowned.' 

                                                                           -Time skip-

We walked into a room that was curtained. 

'Hey, Max...' Oliver tried to say, turning around, but was suddenly punched by Max. He fell to the floor. 

'What the hell, Max?!' I shouted. Max only smugly smiled at me and urged for his bodyguards to get him up off the floor. He fought their grasp, only for Tommy to run into the room. One of his other bodyguards grabbed me by the upper arm. 'Let go of me,' I said, glaring at him. Max nodded, and the man let me go.  

'Hey!' Tommy shouted. 'Let him go, let him go! Hey, I said let him go!' He got between the two men and Oliver. Max Fuller's arms were crossed over his chest, a smug smile decorating his face. I wanted nothing more than to punch the look off of his face, and I'm sure Oliver wanted to as well. 

'Told you he was gonna be pissed,' Oliver said in Tommy's ear. 

'Back off, Merlyn, this isn't your problem,' Max shouted. 

'You wanna get to him? You gotta go through me.' The men were unmoved by this threat. He turned back to Oliver. 'Wow, they are probably gonna go through me.' Then, the fight erupted. I managed to take down some guys, and Tommy and Oliver were going wild with their punches. Just then, I saw Laurel take down Fuller. He rolled over on his back, shocked with the turn of events. I smirked. 

'So this is over, Max?' Laurel taunted. 'Or are you gonna have your boys pound on me next?' He stood up, straightening his tie, his hair rumpled. 

'You four consider yourselves banned for life. Get the hell out of my place!' He stormed out of the room. 

'Your club sucks anyway!' Tommy retorted. 

'You guys okay?' Laurel asked. I came to her side and sighed softly, straightening my dress. 

'My, oh my, this dress does not work for fighting,' I said, letting out a few curses under my breath as I tried to align the dress perfectly to my liking. 

'Where'd you learn to do that?' Oliver asked Laurel. 

'Cop dad, remember? He made me take self-defence classes.' She turned to walk away, leaving me with the boys, but Oliver called out to her. 

'Laurel. Thea said...' She turned. 

'Oliver,' she snapped, 'Tommy and I don't need your blessing. And I don't need your forgiveness.' She turned and walked away, Oliver letting out a sigh soon after. 

Sorry it's taken so bloody long to upload a chapter of this book! I'm gonna try to commit more to this book than my one-shots or my Hobbit book. I really need to get this done :D