Chapter 15: A Non-Existent Investment

Third Person POV

'The company Mrs. Queen - or Steele. Mrs. Queen-Steele. She hyphenate?' Felicity asked. 'She seems like a woman who would hyphenate.' Walter Steele cleared his throat and sat down at his desk, looking the young blonde directly in the eyes. 'Right. The company she invested in doesn't exist.' 

'I don't understand,' Walter said, crossing his fingers in front of him, linking them and looking up at the young woman. 

'There was no investment. The money was used to set up an offshore LLC called Tempest.' 

'I don't recall that name being under the Queen Consolidated banner.'

'Cause it's not. There's nothing registered with the Secretary of State, no federal tax records, no patent applications filed. But, in 2009, Tempest purchased a warehouse in Starling City.' He said nothing, only stretched out his hand for the file, and she slipped it into his hand, then walked around the room in front of the desk, a small smile creasing her face. Walter opened the file and nothing but concern was on his face. 

That night, only one man walked up a small hill to a large warehouse building. He slowly made his way up the steps. Walter Steele came up to the door, and jiggled the knob. It was locked. Right next to it was an access code meter. He peered closer at it, and put in the word TEMPEST. After a while, nothing happened, so he put in OLIVER. Then THEA. Then EVELYN. The door still wouldn't open, so he finally put in ROBERT. The door clicked and he pulled open the door, stepping inside the warehouse, looking around outside first for intruders. 

He entered into the building and onto a deck landing, with a metal railing in front of him overlooking a large room. He looked around, taking in the sight, before his hand moved to the light switch in front of him. The lights were slowly turned on, and what the sight in front of him shocked him to his core. Looking down on the concrete floor below, the remains of the Queen's Gambit stood, broken beyond repair, but the name was clearly visible on the ship's hull for all to see.