Chapter Sixteen

Blaise and Ron agreed that they'd confront Draco and Harry today, a day after they had found out. Blaise couldn't understand why Draco would have just told him from the start. Yet, at the same time, he understood. Finding out you're a mythical creature with a low survival rate wouldn't be something to brag about. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt Blaise to find out like this.

So now they sat at the Slytherin table for breakfast. Pansy and Draco conversing idly Blaise simply stared down at his plate with a frown. He had completely spaced out until a pale hand reached to overlap his, the nails coated in black nail polish. He looked up to meet the concerned eyes of Pansy and Draco.

"Hey, Blaise, are you okay? You've been silently glaring at the table all morning," Pansy squeezed his hand reassuringly. Draco simply nodded in concern, biting into his green apple. A small dribble of juice trailed from the corner of Draco's mouth. In Blaise's mind, it was a trail of blood. Draco's tongue darted out to catch the crimson liquid, smearing it across his cheek.

"Blaise?" Pansy shook him from his haze. His gaze snapped over to her, her eyes swimming with concern. When he looked back to Draco, his face had returned to normal and he raised an eyebrow.

"You alright, mate?" Draco set down his apple with a frown.

"Oh, I'm alright. Sorry for worrying you," Blaise gave a weak smile. Draco simply frowned but nodded.

"Remember, you can always talk to us. We're not always hardass Slytherins," Pansy gave his hand one last squeeze before retreating. They continued to eat, Pansy and Draco sending Blaise concerned glances throughout the rest of breakfast.

Now, they were heading to their first class, Potions. Pansy was making a joke about Gryffindors and Draco was laughing along. Blaise simply followed along, making comments here and there.

As they took their seats, Slughorn entered the classroom and began to ramble on about the lesson. Blaise's eyes met Ron's, his face a determined frown. He nodded to Blaise as if encouraging him.

Blaise simply smiled, taking out a piece of parchment and scribbling a note to meet in the dorm room in the next free period. He passed it behind him without making eye contact. Pale fingers gripped the note, taking it from Blaise.

A few moments later, Draco leaned forward. His lips were only a few millimeters from Blaise's ear.

"Okay, I'll be there," Draco whispered. Blaise nodded without turning around to face Draco. They continued on throughout the day. It seemed bland and boring. Then again, he could barely hear the teachers' voices over his own pounding heart.

He wasn't scared, just nervous. Nervous of what Draco will think of him. Worried about whether Draco will run away or not. He didn't want to lose his best friend. He didn't want to believe that years of trust could crumble simply because Blaise knew too much.

Classes were a blur to him and now it was a free period he shared with Draco. He walked to his dormitory. He slung his bag onto his dresser and sat on his four-poster bed. He pondered over what he would say, looking down at his hands until he heard a soft click.

Messy bleach-blond hair greeted him when he looked up. Stormy light blue eyes met his with concern. Draco dropped his bag off his shoulder, walking to sit on his bed across from Blaise.

"You needed to talk?" Draco started, not allowing the atmosphere to become awkward.

"Yeah," Blaise nodded, preparing himself internally.

"So what, finally going to confess your undying love for me?" Draco smirked playfully, causing Blaise to roll his eyes. Draco chuckled, a genuine smile overcoming his face. "Just messing with you, Merlin."

Draco nodded for Blaise to continue on to what he had called Draco here to discuss. Blaise sighed before looking Draco in the eyes. He couldn't turn away now.

"It's you, isn't it? You're the vampire feeding on Potter," Blaise asked softly. Draco's eyes widened before a joking smile overtook his face.

"C'mon, Blaise. We both know why that's not possible," Draco grinned, but deep down Blaise knew he was afraid.

"Yeah, it would be impossible. Unless Harry was a werewolf. Which, by that look, I'm assuming he is," Blaise stated with a small frown. Draco looked as though he had been caught in an affair.

"B-Blaise, it isn't what you think. I'd never continuously do that without permission," Draco seemed desperate, scared of what Blaise thought of him.

"So it is true, then," Blaise smiled fondly. Draco seemed to acquire a look that screamed 'caught in the cookie jar.' His cheeks flushed with embarrassment, causing Blaise to bark out a laugh.

"Don't laugh!" Draco huffed indignantly. Blaise simply shook his head with a stray chuckle.

"How about you explain it to me from the beginning?" Blaise suggested. Draco nodded in agreement.

"It was a few days before my sixteenth birthday. My parents had taken me to Saint Mungo's under the false pretense that we were just going for an annual check-up. Later I found out that they had really taken me to test my creature's blood. At breakfast one morning, they told me the tests had come back positive.

At first, I was surprised. Being told I'm some rare halfbreed that feeds off of werewolves. Eventually, it was my birthday and I had begun my inheritance after you guys had left. It was excruciating.

My parents had made a contract with a werewolf to supply me with blood until school. Then, I was on my own.

That's when I had found out about Harry. I had gotten so hungry, it was uncontrollable. I could smell the blood. I had accidentally attacked him once. He was fine, but I still felt awful. Eventually, he confronted me and made a deal to share some blood.

We've been going on like this for months now. So far, it's worked perfectly. No one has gotten hurt," Draco finished with a sigh, running a hand through his hair. Blaise smiled.

"Thanks for telling me," Blaise said fondly. "Now you just have to figure out how to break the news to Pansy."

"Oh Merlin," Draco planted his face in his hands with a groan. Blaise simply laughed. 

______________________________________

A/N

Another chapter! I am going to try to keep to this once a week schedule...maybe...

Anyway, Merry (or Happy) Christmas! (or Christmas Eve technically :P) and thank you for 35k!

By the way! This story is now cross-posted on Ao3 and Webnovel if you want to support me on those sites if you are more comfortable with them.

Ao3: Love For Blood by cammi_writes

Webnovel: Love For Blood by DrarrysPotter

Thank you for reading!

Love Y'all,

~Cam