Chapter Twenty-Four

Draco let out a sigh as he basked in the March sun. It had finally begun to warm up again, and Draco welcomed the change in weather with open arms. He couldn't say he hated the cold, but he had started to miss being able to go out without a heavy coat and scarf.

They were waiting for Hagrid to arrive for their Magical Creatures class. Pansy and Blaise stood at his sides, Crabb and Goyle behind them engaging in their own conversation. If you could call it that.

"Hey! Y'know what season it is?" a dark-haired Gryffindor boy asked with a smirk as he leaned over to a shorter Gryffindor girl. Draco rolled his eyes at the awful whisper. They might as well announce their conversation to the entire class.

"What season is it?" the girl asked back, somehow managing to sound both uncaring yet intrigued. Merlin, Gryffindors are weird.

He'd know, he has one of his own.

"Werewolf season!" the boy whisper yelled out before tickling the girl with a laugh. She gave a scoff and swatted at his hands. Draco raised an eyebrow at the conversation.

"I should've bloody known, you say that every year!" she gave him an unamused glare.

"They say you can hear them howl in the night as they turn feral in search of a mate!" the boy continued to taunt.

"Shut up, " the girl shivered, obviously off-put by the idea of rabid werewolves.

"What? Scared of some dogs?" the boy smirked, and Draco resisted the urge to hex his ass green. "Don't worry, I'll protect you," the Gryffindor reassured proudly, wrapping an arm around the ginger.

"Yeah right, you big oaf! You can barely tie your own shoes!" the girl scoffed, causing him to gasp and tickle her again, more intent than the time before. She let out strangled laughs as Draco turned his attention away from the couple. He turned to Pansy, the pot of tea herself.

"What we're they talking about?" Draco asked curiously. Pansy let out a sigh while checking her perfectly painted nails.

"You should know by now. This is mentioned every year. Werewolf "mating season" is coming up in a week. A whole week of people being worried a horny werewolf is going to try to kill them, " Pansy rolled her eyes before continuing, "Just banter among immature children looking for something to be strung up about. It comes and passes every year without a fuss. I doubt that this year will be any different."

"Huh, " Draco took in the information while sending a glance over to Harry, who stood a little over to the side with clenched fists. He faced away from the couple. His rigid posture confirmed he had indeed heard the two housemates.

Okay, so now Draco really was about to hex them.

Thankfully, Hagrid had arrived before any shameless assault could occur.

"Alrighty! Settle down, settle down. Today we'll be learning 'bout Acromantulas! Open up yur books to one ninety-four, " Hagrid announced as he hobbled over to his books. Draco had to resist laughing at the pale look of mortification on the Weasel's face.

Later, he was heading to the RoR to meet with Harry. It wasn't a Friday, but ever since they started dating they decided to spend more time together.

He approached the all too familiar door with a smile. The heavy oak creaked as he pushed it open.

Almost immediately he was tackled. Draco was pulled in and the door was slammed shut.

Lips latched on to his desperately. Draco chuckled at the frantic Gryffindor and let himself be lead toward the couch.