Chapter Three

It was August now. Draco smiled as he marked the day off the calendar before folding it and gently putting it in his trunk. He then proceeded to put a set of undershirts, sweaters, and skinny jeans in his trunk, neatly folded. He packed his thick textbooks.

"Draco!" Narcissa called up, "We have to go!"

"Okay, mother!" Draco called back. He shut and locked his trunk. He picked it up easily and ran down the stairs. Narcissa smiled at him lightly and held out her elbow. Draco took it and felt the feel of apparition surround him. He opened his eyes to be greeted by the familiar sight of Platform 9 3/4. He set down his trunk and said his goodbyes to his mother. She kissed his cheek lightly.

"Be strong, Draco. You are what haunts their nightmares and don't be afraid to remind them of that," Narcissa whispered, cupping Draco's cheek with her hand. He nodded solemnly. She pulled him into a tight hug before waving him off. He picked up his trunk and walked onto the train. He hadn't been there for two minutes looking for a compartment before someone ran into him. The person clutched to his sweater to keep balance. He looked down when they didn't release.

"Hmm...Potter. You're a klutz and gawking," Draco smirked when he saw Harry Potter feeling his shoulders and staring into his chest blankly with his round glasses crooked on his face. His head snapped up and red dusted his tan cheeks. He quickly detached himself from Draco. He coughed.

"Trying to get through, Malfoy," Harry grumbled, straightening his glasses and slid around Malfoy's shoulder. Draco kept his grin and shook his head. 'Leave it to Potter' Draco thought as he looked for his compartment. He found it after about two more minutes. However, he kept looking seeing as it has been contaminated. He didn't want to sit in a seat while Pansy snogged some random girl while shirtless. Pansy is bi, so it didn't surprise Draco.

He sighed, sinking into an empty compartment. He sat in a corner and pulled a book from his trunk before tucking it away. He flipped to the bookmark with his thumb. He read for a few minutes before the door slammed open. 'Will I never get peace?' Draco sighed marking and closing the novel.

"Oi! Mate! I found an empty-Malfoy," Weasel went irritated at the end, his flaming red hair wild on top of his head. He sighed and plopped down on the opposite side of the cart. Harry's head popped in confused.

"Ron? What is wr-Malfoy," Harry's face scrunched up as he huffed and sat beside Ron. Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, that is my name. Is there a reason you've intruded?" Draco asked looking between them. Weasel hesitated before answering.

"There were no other carts. Usually 'Mione has a seat first thing for the three of us, be she got...uhm...preoccupied," Weasel began to cough frantically near the end. Harry sighed and patted the ginger's back softly. Draco's eyebrows shot up.

"Preoccupied? You mean Granger got a shag? Who's the guy?" Draco leaned forward, genuinely interested. Weasel went into another coughing fit and Harry sighed.

"It's not a guy," Harry said simply. Draco looked flabbergasted. Then he realized something.

"Was this girl shirtless?" Draco asked. "No, I'm not a perv, but I might have seen the girl," Draco rolled his eyes at the glare he got from Harry.

"Y-yes," Weasel was still coughing. Draco nodded with a smirk. Pansy and Granger, isn't that a duo and a ticking time bomb.

"What, exactly, is wrong with Weasel?" Draco asked Harry. Harry chuckled lightly.

"It was unexpected, that's all..." Harry smiled lightly. He sighed and looked over Draco. His eyes lingered before looking to the compartment door that had just opened.

"Would you boys like anything from the trolly?" the witch pushing the cart asked lightly. Ron practically jumped up and Harry shook his head laughing while standing up. He placed a few gallons on the cart.

"We'll need six of each," Harry chuckled. Ronald smirked and took the snacks in his arms as if they were a baby. Draco shook his head.

"You two are insane; you are going to have a heart attack," Draco frowned slightly as Ronald tore open a chocolate frog. Harry shrugged.

"We haven't died yet," Harry winked subconsciously. He continued as though it never happened. Draco sighed and open his novel back up. He drifted off as the light conversation surrounded him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Writers Block and School were tough. This is a bit short, sorry. I'll try to update as soon as possible...

~Cam