§ Chapter One §

He held his little sister in his arms, not wanting to let go.

If he let go of her now, God knows when will be the next he'll get to see her again?

"Come on Trevor, she'll be in good hands. Just give her to Mrs.Sevan and I promise you, she'll be just fine." The police officer forced a smile and Mrs.Sevan opened her arms.

He gave her the suitcase, but before handing her his little sister, he put her down and set on the cold asphalt so he can be the same height as her and face her properly.

She looked sadly at Trevor before she just looked down at her small pink shoes. They weren't so pink anymore, she was a very hyper kid and her shoes tended to get dirty or ruined pretty fast.

"Hey.. Sheila, look at me." Trevor smoothed her blond hair and made her a ponytail, trying to get the short hairs in, too. But they all escaped and messy small hairs jumped from her ponytail in all different directions.

"I'll come visit you as soon as I can, promise." He held out his pinky at her but Sheila wasn't convinced. She looked at him through her messy hair with a pout, that pout she always used to get whatever she wanted from him.

"I'm sorry Sheila, I have to go. But promise me you'll be a good girl, if you do, I'll come as soon as I can to take you okay?" Trevor got up and soon Sheila winced and started to cry; "D-don't g-g-g-go, Tevor!" Trevor's heart ached so badly, he almost regretted everything he'd done. But he knew he did what had to be done, and he should be proud he was brave enough in the first place.

Mrs.Seven picked Sheila up in her arms, hugging her and patting her back, while nodding at Trevor, giving him his sign that he should leave now. Trevor shut his eyes tight for a long moment forcing back the tears before he reopened them picking up his suitcase and going to the cab.

He sat there in silence as he waited for Mrs.Sevan to return.

Well, silence wasn't really the word he'd chose to describe it. It was silence outside, besides the other cars that passed by every now and then, but there was no silence in his head.

Oh no, quite the opposite.

He felt so many emotions at once, till one harsh realization hit him.

His sister was taken away.

He might not see her for months now.

The only person he actually genuinely cared and loved for, was taken away from him.

Now he only felt empty.

He jumped a little as the door to the car opened and shut closed, Mrs. Sevan sliding in her sit.

"Now that that's been taken care of, off we go!" She told the driver the address and turned back to look at Trevor,

"I know this is hard for you, all this changes but..."

Trevor ignored her. Nothing she can say will help him now. He just had to deal with the pain as it is.

"... You saved her life Trevor, they could've had killed her, and you!" She paused from her speech and looked at him, he just nodded in response.

She was right, but it didn't ease the pain, not one bit.

Maybe it was a hour later, maybe even two, or just a couple of minutes. Trevor couldn't tell, but they had finally arrived.

He got out of the taxi holding his suitcase in one hand and his phone in the other, with the earphones shoved in his pocket, some of the edges picking out.