§ Chapter Nine §

A/N: Haven't posted in a long time so I hurried to update, therefore I didn't proofread it yet. Try to enjoy.

Two days after Tyler left, and three weeks after Trevor came, another broken kid joined the oh-so-much-fun-place, Cypher McKay.
Cypher was a closed off kid that wouldn't even tell the others his name, the only reason they find out was because one of the instructors called him by that name, but no one knew what his voice even sounded like.

• • •

"Evan?" Jem asked the quiet boy with the big beautiful green eyes that set in front of her.
"Hm?" He looked up from his hands and Jem sighed. "What's up?" She asks and now its the boy's turn to sigh.
"I finally called my mum today,"
"But.. You've done that before." She asks leaning back in her chair.
"Once. It wasn't pretty."
"What did she say?"
"She... She just.. Oh God she just freaked out on me, saying something about Jesus saving us all and that she's doing all she can to get me out, that I was stupid to open my mouth in the first place and she'll pray for forgiveness because of what I did... That she's going to get me back home and make sure I'll behave better and pray more." Evan spills it all out, moving his hands in anger.
"She's crazy." He finally adds after a long moment of silence.
"Okay so I can tell you one thing, it was good you told someone about her behavior it was not bad or a sin like she thinks it is you-"
"But I don't care! I've been here for almost three months! I didn't get any fucking better, I was better off home with my friends!" He snapped trying hard not to just break down, not to go crazy with pain.
"Didn't you say yourself that Donnie is the best thing that ever happened to you? Would you give up ever meeting him? And you have to understand, as bad is it might get, no matter how hard, you're better off now then you would ever be back home. Do we agree on that?"
"No." He says sharply, yes, he hated his mother. Yes, she drove him crazy.
But he had friends there, who cared and would never leave him, like he left them.
"But what about Donni-"
"I'm going to leave soon! I've been here for almost three mouths! He has plenty of time here, and he'll go to a different place, most likely we'll never meet again!" Evan gets up frustrated keeping his voice as down as possible but gives up and just gets up leaving the room.
"Screw Donnie and everybody in this fucked up place!" He screamed running away from the room and up the stairs, when he knocks in Donnie making both of them stumble a little.
"Evan..." Donnie whispered regaining his balance, clearly he heard what Evan just screamed, and it hurt him. A lot.
"I'm not in the mood Donnie," he gently moved Donnie out of the way quickly making his way up the stairs.
"Hey you okay?" Trevor asked, after watching the whole scene from the side.
"Oh you shut up what kind of question is that anyway?" Evan snapped. "We're all fucked up and not okay, otherwise we wouldn't be here!" He screamed now making Nate come out.
"Evan, keep your voice down, enough with talking like that!" She glared putting her hands on her hips.
"Pfft whatever," he walked away and Nate followed him scolding.
"Ignore him, we all get like that every once in a while here.." Stephen whispered putting his hand on Trevor's shoulder squeezing it.
He just nodded in response and they both walked away.
"I'm telling you men! She totally a lesbian!" Daniel laughed shoving Ronnie, "whatever dude, I'm still gonna fuck her one day." Ronnie shrugged and grabbed Daniel's wrist looking at his collection of bracelets.
"How ma-"
"Twenty two." Daniel answered looking down at his arm.
Ronnie kept on examining the bracelets, secretly he didn't really care, he just wanted to see Donnie's scars, counting them.
He himself didn't know why he was doing that, but lately he had taken an interest in self harming, he wanted to know more about it, he had never self harmed before.
But there's always a first time for anything, right?
"Who you guys talking about?" Juan walked in sitting on the sofa next to them. They both looked up on surprise, Juan hadn't talked in days now.
"Uh.. Miley Cyrus." Ronnie said leaving Daniel's wrist alone, for now.
All three of them heard the froze when they heard the sharp scream, a high, desperate, scream.
Only Cypher, who was sitting unnoticed on the side of the room didn't seem to notice the scream, he kept on biting at his nails, totally calm.
When the horrifying scream was finally over, Daniel, Ronnie and Juan all jumped up and run up stairs where the voice came from.
But Cypher stayed there, laughing silently to himself. How stupid if them, he thought shaking his head, and resumed to biting his nails, or whatever was left of them.
"Back away from him!" He heard one if the instructor's voice, he couldn't remember her name, screaming up stairs, apparently everybody went up to see what happened.
Whatever it was, it wasn't pretty.
But not new either.
Now now, which one of those retards was having a breakdown? I bet the blond kid, he looked pretty broke. And stupid.
Up stairs, Evan was barely breathing when he set on the floor on his knees in front of the shower, where cold as ice water was pouring over what looked like a lifeless body.
In one hand he had a kitchen knife, the sharpest one they had, and blood was all over the place, the walls, the clothes he wore, his face and hair, all bloody.
This was the day, Joey almost died.
Its spreading you know, this virus some of them carry, self harm, suicide, screaming in the middle of the night.
Most of the kids who come there have never tried any of those before, but now; it was tempting.
The more they saw it, the more people around them did it, the more they wanted to try it. To see if it helps as they say it does.
To be honest?
It helps more then they say it does.