§ Chapter Six §

"So.. Joey." Jem clears her throat, Joey wasn't her favorite guy in this place, but it was her job to do this, so she did.
"What was it that you're here so early?" She asks.
There's a long pause before he takes in a sharp breath,
"I like something about Trevor," when she doesn't seem to remember the boy he adds, "the new boy?" And smirks looking down at his hands.
Now she remembers, "Oh really? Does he know you're gay?" Jem knew from Trevor's file that a lot of the problems he had was because he was gay, but she wasn't allowed to say anything to Joey about it. She thought it was cute if they both end up dating.
"Neh." He shrugs.
"You do remember the no touching rule? Even if you two end up together yo-"
"Yeah, yeah." He cuts her off sharply rolling his eyes, and Jem sighed.
"Are you planning to tell him anything?" She asks after a short silent moment, playing with her pen.
"No," he simply says and she raises an eyebrow.
"Is that all? We usually don't do meetings right after breakfast. I tought it was more... Important."
"While breakfast," he corrects her showing her his toast and pointing at his empty cup of the on the small table between them.
"Please don't do this again, okay?"
He mentally sigh, there really was something more important then this he wanted to tell her.. But he chickened out last minute, saying the first thing that came to his mind.
"Whatever." He shrugs and leaves the room, only to be greeted with Trevor's shout, "leave me alone!" He runs up stairs and Joey hides his smile. Its pointless, the rooms are locked, he has no where to hide.
"What the hell Tyler?!" Stephen starts arguing with Tyler, who obviously did something to annoy Trevor.
Joey just smirked, ignoring Jem who seemed to love talking more the ever, and walked up the stairs.
Trevor was sitting on the floor hugging his knees, not even noticing Joey who just came, "hey." He said and Trevor's head jumps up in terror.
"Please don't. I'm not in the mood to deal with you." He tries to sound confident but he's far from that, it's not hard to tell.
"Even better." Joey responds, walking in Trevor's direction, making him wince, "stop." Trevor begged.
Aw, the pathetic little fuck.
As soon as Joey reached Trevor he puts his fingers under his chin tilting his head up, forcing him to look at him, "how about we make a deal?" He offers.
"W-what?" Trevor swallows and you could clearly see how terrified he was.
"I want you to get me the key."
The sounds down stairs were getting louder, involving now also the instructor. Tyler must've really done it.
"What..what key?" Trevor looked behind him, looking if anyone was coming in concern.
"The key that the instructor keeps in her room. Tonight, when everybody is asleep, you sneak out, and she'd either be asleep or looking around the rooms. Depends on your luck who you're gonna get stuck with tonight." Joey spoke quickly and silently, he needed Taylor's help, more then he can know.
"Why don't you do it yourself ha?" Trevor challenged, the last thing he wanted to do was get in trouble here.
"They know all my tricks, done em' all before. They'll kill me if they caught me, but you... You're just the new kid." He shrugged. It was true. If he got in trouble again it could get ugly.
"No way, I'm not go-" and that was enough to get Joey to snap,
"Oh shut the hell up, we're just a bunch of broken kids, who gives a fuck about what we do anymore?! Can't you see? We are just trapped in this shitty place so for the love of Jesus just.." He trailed off, he talked too loud. He takes a deep calming breath, and Trevor just stares, he never saw it like this.
"Forget it." Joey spits out and gives Trevor a lame lazy kick to the side, and leaves.
Trevor doesn't get much time to digest everything because sure enough Stephen makes his way up, and smiles sadly at Trevor before sitting down next to him. He must've not notice Joey, thank god.
"I made sure Tyler will stay away from now on." But he just nods at that. He can't really concentrate after what he heard.
We're just a bunch of broken kids, who cares what we do?!
He didn't know how true that was, the fact that he was locked up here proved differently.
"Hey, how about we go watch some MTV? you like music, don't you?" Stephen offers trying lamely to get Trevor to feel better.
"Who doesn't?" Well, he won't in a minute, because that just was Trevor's luck.
Awful, don't you think?