§ Chapter Ten §

Joey's attempt to suicide was unexpected. Before this day never had he self harmed, showed any interest in it, and had never said or showed any sign of being suicidal.
Everyone was taken aback.
However, he got to the hospital in time and now was slowly recovering. He wasn't gonna come back here, though.
But when you take a closer look into his life, and look back, he did show plenty of signs. People just ignored them.
If you look on his MP3 (which he got back only on the weekends) you'd see his depressing playlist, songs about suicide, self harm and whatnot. If you stayed up late enough, and listened closely, you'd hear his sobs.
If you really took the time to know him better, if you were a friend, you would've known. You could've had stopped it. Because all he needed now was to build up the courage. And he did.

But no one was, and no one knew.

• • •

Trevor was biting his nails as he sat on his bed, waiting for Stephen to come out of the shower, he was nervous about what he was going to tell him. Now that Joey is gone, he felt like the threat was finally over and he can finally tell his best friend what had him so scared and depressed since he came here. People assumed the wrong things, he didn't care, but Stephen... He was different, so he wanted him to know the truth.
His heart skipped a beat as the bathroom door lock was quickly opened and Stephen walked in shirtless, his hair still wet.
"Sup'?" He asked frowning as he went over to sit next to Trevor, who couldn't breath anymore, and the room was just too hot, but he knew he had to do it.
You know when you wax? and its already on - there's no turning back now, you have to take it off. It will hurt, you know that.
But, its worth it. So you do it.
"I-It's about J..Joey." He tries to calm down but his heart is going a mile a minute.
"What about him? You're not blaming yourself for his suicide attempt, are you? No one knew h-"
"He touched me." Take a deep breath. "Th-that's the reason I was so scared. He... He tr-tried to get me a-alone all the time... So.. He can... You know.." He mumbled, he felt like he was gonna faint any minute, it was much harder than he thought. Maybe it wasn't worth it.
"Hey, hey there it's alright." Stephen said in a soft voice, hesitating if he should hug Trevor or not. He didn't expect that.
But Trevor just let himself rest on his chest sobbing quietly, so he put his arms around him, trying his best to figure out what their next step would be. They had to let someone know about it, a grown up.
"Who else did you tell, besides me?" Stephen asked as he soothingly rubbed Trevor's back.
Trevor sniffed, "I.. I was thinking of telling Juan, but I thought I'd tell you first."
"Juan?" He asked surprised.
"Yeah, we're pretty close."
"O...kay. But, we still have to tell a grown up. We need t-"
"No!" Trevor exclaimed, pushing himself off Stephen.
"Well telling Juan isn't gonna fix it either! You need help not to tell it to stupid helpless teenagers!" He said angrily.
"What's your problem with Juan anyway? Whenever I say his name you get all worked up! It's my life, it's my problems, so let me do my own choices!" Trevor breathed heavily, Stephen got him all worked up, so he might as well take his anger out. "I did not tell you this so you can act like my goddamn mum, and force me to do stuff I'm not ready for!"
"Oh yeah?" Stephen got off the bed, standing. "So you're ready to tell that retarded ass about you almost getting fucking raped but wouldn't go to get professional help? Attention whore much?"
Now it was Trevor's turn to stand up, they both glared at each other.
"I'm not an attention whore. How long did it take you to admit you were rape huh? Years! So don't you fucking judge me."
"Really Trevor, really?" He took a step closer, Trevor was much taller than him but right now he did not feel intimidated or small, he was angry. "You don't know shit about me, okay? Shit. Nothing. So you shut up your little nasty mouth and keep out of my personal life. Do whatever you want, maybe you should've really got raped, you complaining bitch."
Snap.
No one expected that, not even Trevor, but he didn't feel guilty either as Stephen's head flew to the side, because of the strong impact when he got slapped.
"Bed time!" They both heard the new instructor's voice as she walked down the hall making sure everybody was going to their rooms.
"Fuck you." Stephen spat and went over to his bed shutting off the light.
Now, this is when guilt settled in. Trevor stood there in the dark a while longer until he heard the instructor pass by to check the rooms, and got into bed.
Since there was no watch in the room, or a phone, he didn't know how long he just laid there in the dark.
At some point it got unbearable, so he silently slid of the bed and made his way over to Stephen's bed. This wasn't a great idea. But he did it anyway.
He slowly moved away the blanket and got in, hugging him from behind gently. He looked so fragile when asleep.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled and rested his head on top of Stephen's. He was disappointed that he was asleep and couldn't hear it, but relieved in the same time.
"It doesn't mean you get to snuggle me you weirdo." Stephen's voice made Trevor jump and they both let out a little laugh.
"It's okay though. I forgive you, and I'm sorry too." He turned around to face Trevor and they both just stared at each other for a while.
"Are we okay?" Stephen asked after the silence became unbearable.
"I.." Trevor said his eyes falling back on Stephen's lips, it was way too tempting. He looked back up at Stephen and was surprise to see him looking down at his lips. Maybe this was a sign to kiss him. However, the last two kisses he had here did not end up... On the best side. Did he really want to take this risk with Stephen?
But the silent grew longer and it was obvious what they both wanted, maybe he should just go for it?
He came in a little closer, and to his surprise so did Stephen, and finally their lips locked. For a moment none of them moved, until Trevor decides to take the lead and moved his lips slowly, tasting the faint mint on his lips.
Soon Stephen kissed him back and rolled over, so he was on top of Trevor, not breaking the kiss.