Chapter One

*Toni's POV* 

It's the last weekend of summer vacation unfortunately, it's true that they say all good things must end. But I'm excited to get back on the court and play for the school, I think we have a really good shot at winning state this year. I will miss hanging with all my best friends every day though, I'll still see them all the time but our schedules are all so packed during the school year its hard to find a day everyone has time off. There's Shelby who does a lot of helping at her families church, Martha who almost ever weekend goes to some animal rights protection event. Leah, who takes the hardest classes possible for some unknown reason, Dot who has to help take care of her dad on the weekend. Fatin who's just a crazy bitch, but I still love her to death, and then Rachel and Nora, the twins, who are always at one of Rachel's diving events, that girl is a beast. 

Finally me, and I have basketball practice everyday after school. But, I live with Martha, or as I call her Marty, since my foster fam is a joke, so I see her all the time, she's basically my sister. Her family is the best and have always been there for me, buying me clothes, phones, and stuff for basketball, I even have my own room, they're basically my chosen family. But for the other girls, we still have a few days of summer left and I don't plan on wasting that time. 

10:39pm group chat: main bitches 

Me: hey hoes

Marty: Toni its late why are you texting

Me: its literally 10:30 how is that late

Rachel: Martha you really going to bed rn? 

Fatin: laammmeee

Marty: this is why I have energy in the morning and y'all don't

Me: blah blah whatever, anyways its the last Saturday before school starts back up, am I correct in assuming were all hanging out

Leah: obviously

Nora: what else would we do

Shelbs: im suppose to go to a party with Andrew......

Fatin: screw that, just ditch him

Fatin: I mean, if you don't we'll just show up to the party anyways and kidnap you, choice is yours

Me: I agree with fatin 

Rachel: come on Shelby!

Dot: I'm in

Leah: just hang with him on Sunday instead

Ugh, I can't stand Andrew, he treats Shelby like shit. Like, he really doesn't understand how lucky he is that he somehow got to date her. She's literally perfect and he's a meat head football player. None of the other girls really like him that much, but Shelby apparently "loves him" which I think is bullshit and she just doesn't know what love looks like. I mean, her parents are exactly a good role model of an equal partnership. 

10:44pm group chat: main bitches 

Rachel: exactly

Marty: guys if she wants to hang with Andrew we should respect that

Fatin: I thought you were sleeping Martha, don't try to dismantle our plan

Me: lmaoooo

Me: come on Shelbs it'll be fun!

Shelbs: okay okay ill cancel on him 

Rachel: hallelujah 

Nora: yay! 

Leah: perfect

Dot: dope, see you guys tomorrow than

Marty: wait where at? 

Rachel: our parents are out of town so we could hang at our place 

Rachel: as long as we don't totally trash the place

Me: awesome, and we won't, promise 

Me: see you guys tomorrow then!

Shelbs: goodnight guys <3

I smile at Shelby's text as I go to Spotify and find a good playlist to shower to. I settle on my playlist titled "cool down" which has more of my chill out songs since it's pretty late and I don't wanna wake Martha or her parents. I refrain myself from singing too loud and get in and out pretty quickly before I get dressed and brush my teeth to head to bed, I've got a scrimmage that some of the girls on my team arranged tomorrow before hanging with the girls, so I wanna get a decent amount of sleep. I turn the volume on my phone down low and play some Daniel Caeser before I drift off to sleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! sorry this chapters pretty short, they'll get longer but its super late lol and I wanted to get some done before I go to bed. but happy holidays! hope y'all are staying safe