Chapter Six

**Toni's POV**

After the movie I make a move to follow Fatin and the rest of the girls to the kitchen, having to wait for Shelby till she gets off from basically being on my lap. I love the Conjuring, it's one of my favorite movies, but the past two hours were incredibly stressful since Shelby was pressed up against me, which filled my body with anxiety the whole time. I felt like I could breathe again when she got up, but was also disappointed that we had to move. I went to the kitchen to distract myself with the best distraction there is, alcohol. 

Fatin had already grabbed red solo cups and was filling them up with roughly a shot of vodka each when I walked up. "Alright, who all needs chasers?" She asked, looking around and surveying the answers. Shelby, Martha, and Rachel all raised their hands, which Fatin disapprovingly shook her head at in a joke before going to grab some soda from the fridge. 

Rachel, Dot, and I all grabbed our cups, cheers and drank ours, setting them back down for Fatin to refill them. Fatin joined us the second time along with Leah, while the lightweights complained about the smell of it. 

"It smells like rubbing alcohol," Martha said. 

"It's vodka Martha, what are expecting," Fatin replied and Martha rolled her eyes and knocked her drink back, quickly taking a sip of her Coke to rinse the taste. Shelby and Nora followed, both grimacing at the taste as they drank it. Fatin and I both shook our heads at them and downed our third shot before Fatin grabbed her speaker from her bag and started playing one of her playlists. I went to grab the bottle to fill my cup back up, when I was yanked by the back of my shirt and dragged to the bathroom by Martha. 

"What the hell, Marty?" I asked as she closed the door behind us. Martha cleared her throat as she pulled her phone out and began to read from her screen. 

"One, Shelby follows you on the couch, two-" I cut her off. 

"Oh my god, Marty-" Martha held up her hand to stop me. 

"Two, Shelby follows you to the recliner, three, she caves to watching a scary movie when you ask, three she couldn't look you in the eye whenever you guys were all close-" 

"Alright alright-" 

"Four, she was literally wrapped around your arm the whole movie, five, all that whisper flirting during the movie, six, I saw her blush at least twice, and finally seven, she was practically on top of you by the end of the movie." Martha finished, finally looking up from her phone. I stared at her for a second before saying anything. 

"Are you done?" 

"I literally said 'finally', of course I'm done," she replied which I rolled my eyes at.

"Alright, one, that means nothing, two, there wasn't any more spots on the couch, three," I said while counting on my fingers as I went, "she was just looking at the TV, four, she was scared, five, I was just telling her when the jump scares were, six, I call bullshit, and seven, caused she was scared," I said, staring at Martha unimpressed. 

"You're joking right?" She said, looking at me like I was an idiot. 

"No," I said matter of factly. 

"I don't like scary movies either but I wasn't jumping on top of Dot," she said, leaning against the bathroom door as I hopped up on the sink, realizing I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

"Right, but Shelby's more touchy than you are," I said. 

"But only with you," Martha replied as she stuck her phone back in her pocket. 

"That's not true," I said while making a confused face. 

"Toni, she literally went on the court to give you a hug at your scrimmage today and then came to me and just sat down," Martha said and I could sense she was getting aggravated that she was having to explain this to me, like it was the most obviously thing in the world. 

"That was just to wish me good luck," I argued with her. 

"Has she ever done that for Rachel before one of her meets?" She said with a cocky smile on her face, already knowing the answer. 

"I don't know, why don't you ask her," I said jumping off the sink and making my way to leave, getting sick of this conversation, but Martha blocked the door. 

"Toni, listen, I know you're trying to protect yourself from possibly getting hurt so you're trying to ignore all the signs, but that doesn't mean they're not there," she said. I take a big breath and push it our forcefully through my nose. 

"Okay, say she does like me, what am I even suppose to do? She has a boyfriend," I say, trying please Martha enough so she'll let me leave. 

"Who care, he's a dick," she says and I roll my eyes yet again. 

"I'm not trying to be a home wrecker Marty." 

"Toni that home is already crumbling, all you're doing is giving it a slight shove," she replied which made me laugh. Before either of us had the chance to say anything, Fatin came to my rescue and the door flung open. 

"Toni! You and Dot are the only ones who can keep up with me, come on, more shots!" She yelled as she grabbed my arm as I laughed and she dragged me back to the kitchen. She shoved my refilled cup in my face before knocking my cup with hers and raising it, "to the last night of summer," she said. 

I smiled and and repeated it back to her before we drank our shots. I then looked over at Shelby, who somehow managed to already be tipsy in such a short amount of time, she was defiantly the lightweight of the group. "How many shots has she had?" I asked Fatin who shrugged in response. 

"I don't know anywhere between five and....ten?" She said, almost like she was asking me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry it's not too long guys!! its literally 5am and I work at 11 but I wanted to write at least one more! will have at least two chapters tomorrow night! and thank you guys for all the positive comments and feedback, glad you guys are enjoy!!!!!