crushin'

— genre: fluff, crushing, college!au
— warnings: none
— wc: 0.7k

mark stared at you from across the classroom, sighing as he heard your angelic laugh.

mark had wanted nothing more than to make you his all semester long, his crush on you only growing stronger as the days passed.

mark jumped up as his professor finally shouted his name, fed up with his wondering eyes. he immediately stood up, tripping on his backpack as he walked over to the projector, USB in hand.

you giggled to yourself, making mark's cheeks and ears redden in embarrassment. you knew of mark, his presence on the soccer team of your university making his popularity rocket.

you always thought he was a cute guy, very quiet in class and good on the field, but you had never talked to him.

as mark finished up his presentation, your professor dismissed your class early.

as you walked out of the door, and down the hallway on your way to the library you noticed a certain someone walk up next to you.

"uh hey there, y/n," mark said as he walked next to you, easily keeping up with your small strides. "i was wondering if maybe you wanted to have lunch together?" the nervous boy stuck his hands into his pockets, his cheeks a bright red color as you came to a stop in the middle of the now empty hallway.

you knew of mark's crush on you.

he had always been more than obvious no matter how hard he tried to hide it. you thought the boy was cute, sending flirty glances at him every now and then around campus, his sweet demeanor charming you into accepting his offer.

mark's cheeks high as he smiled brightly at you, never did he think you would've actually said yes to him.

"cool! um, i-i'll meet you whenever you're free?" he cutely stuttered as he avoided your gaze. "well, i'm actually free now," you reply, excited to spend time with such an attractive guy.

"oh! we can go now if you want? i'm free right now too," he asked you, pointing to the building door as you nodded your head, excitedly.

mark couldn't wipe off the cute smile off of his face as he took your hand in his slightly sweaty one, "uh, is this okay?" you couldn't help but blush as you stared down at your hands, entangling your fingers with his, "yeah, it's perfect."

mark could've sworn he saw you glance at his lips, suddenly becoming so much more nervous. did you want to kiss him?

mark turned his head in the direction of the door, starting your guys' walk in the direction of his car before he abruptly stopped again.

"y/n, this is kinda really sudden i know, but can i please just kiss you?" mark spilled out, his nervousness showing in how fast he started talking.

you nodded your head as you giggle, closing your eyes and leaning into mark as he did the same.

you both knew this was pretty fast, seeing as the both of you had just officially met, but the flirty glances at each other since the beginning of the year made this feel right.

his lips landed on yours, eager to finally be able to taste you. his lips were soft, moving quite quickly as he tried to touch as much of you ask he could. this is something mark had wanted this for so long and finally he had gotten it.

his cheeks were on fire at this point, feeling like he was about to pass out as you both pulled away.

mark's breath wavered as he held your jaw in his hand, taking in your swollen lips and glittery eyes. you were just as red as mark, slightly embarrassed that you had shared your first kiss with him in the hallways of your university.

"you're really red," you pointed out, smiling as you slightly teased him as he got shy, retracting his free hand from your jaw. "stop," he whined out cutely, "you're just as red as me, y'know!" he pointed at your cheeks.

"don't worry, it's cute," you said, only making mark more shy. "yeah? you're a lot cuter babe, let's go," mark tried to flirt, pulling you out of the building with your hands intertwined.