happier

— genre: fluff, idol!reader
— warnings: none
— wc: 0.6k

sighing, mark stared at you, on a mission to beat you at your childish staring contest. you winked in an effort to fluster mark, in turn losing the game.

"ha! you lost! now you gotta do something for me," mark said as he stood up from the practice room floor. you sighed, annoyed that you couldn't shake the cool and collected mark that you knew.

you and mark had met a few months ago when you debuted, instantly becoming friends after you accidentally bumped into him, falling to the ground afterward. you soon developed a crush on him, thinking he was cool.

little did you know that the 'cool' mark you knew was simply a front. any time mark so much as saw you out of the corner of his eye he would panic, instantly shutting down and going into autopilot.

mark had known about you for a while, having have heard good things about you while you were still a trainee. you were dubbed sm's golden trainee, excelling at absolutely everything that was hurdled at you. mark couldn't help but fall for your charms, thinking you were perfect.

mark's crush after meeting you only worsened, falling for you deeper every time you both hung out. mark never let this show though. his brain never letting him be vulnerable in front of you for some reason, despite his heart going haywire every time the two of you met eyes. the wink you shot at him making his brain go fuzzy.

"okay you loser, what do you want me to do?" you sighed as you rolled your eyes. "um," mark hesitated, confusing you as mark had never hesitated in front of you, "so, i was wondering if maybe you wanted to go on a date with me?" mark asked, looking at the floor to hide his blush.

you couldn't believe your ears. mark was... asking you out?

"um," it was your turn to hesitate. of course you wanted to go on a date with him — you just never thought he'd ask you out. this entire time you had thought mark saw you as a friend.

"are you serious?" you asked, making mark feel a bit embarrassed. "you don't have to!" mark exclaimed, not wanting to embarrass himself any further. "no! wait, yes! i do! i'd love to go on a date with you."

the both of you knew the chance of getting caught by dispatch, instead opting to eat at the sm restaurant.

"sorry our date is in our building," mark cutely shifted in his seat. "oh don't worry! i know we can't really do other things without have a chance of being caught," you replied.

your date went as well as any other, the both of you becoming closer with each other.

"so, i really liked our date. even though i wish it would've been somewhere else," mark said as you both walked around the building, walking back into the practice room you were in and sitting on the floor.

"it's okay, i still really enjoyed it," you blushed as mark grabbed your hand, playing with your fingers. "you have really pretty hands, mind if I hold them?" mark asked you, still looking at your hands as he smirked.

"y-yeah," you stuttered out, the room suddenly becoming too hot to be wearing a cardigan. "yeah? can i also do this?" mark asked as he leaned in, staring at you lips as he did.

you could only nod your head as your own sight zeroed in on his lips as they parted. closing the gap, mark intertwined your fingers. his other hand cupping your jaw to deepen the kiss.

you pulled away, breathless as you kept your eyes on his lips. mark leaned his forehead on yours as he let out a cute chuckle, keeping a grip on your jaw, pulling your head up for another quick kiss.

"i think you should be my girlfriend," mark stated, pulling you up for a kiss every other word, making you giggle.

"i'm serious, be my girlfriend?" mark asked, finally pulling away, moving his hand to yours to intertwine your fingers.