good 4 u

- genre: slight angst with sorta happy ending
- warnings: none
- wc: 0.3k
- a/n: something short 🥰
seokjinthicc

you hadn't spoken to mark for a week now. the boy you had once known as your best friend was now out of your life in a blink of an eye.

it had all happened so quickly. suddenly your back was pressed up against your door and his lips were on yours.

you pushed the memory away as you laid in bed, trying to study. you missed him, but things could never be the same between the two of you.

you had never thought of mark as anything more than a friend - a brother even. the thought of him kissing you made your stomach upset and your mind even more jumbled.

the vision of his heartbroken face as you shut your bedroom door in his face clouded your mind. why did things have to be this way? why couldn't the two of you simply be friends?

things weren't any better on mark's end.

you would see his face whenever you would pass each other in the hallway. his eyes were darker and his nose slightly blushed as if he had been crying.

you never meant to hurt him.
he was your best friend.

you loved him. just not the way he did.

sharing a friend group with mark didn't help either of you. whenever one of you arrived the other would leave, making things awkward for the rest of your friends.

sooner or later you stopped hanging with the boys in a group all together, only really talking to jaehyun.

things got better with time.

you were never friends with mark again but he was able to move on eventually.

he looked happy.

you would see his face whenever you would pass each other in the hallway. his eyes full of light as he watched his lover speak, holding their hand tightly as if not to lose them in the sea of students.

you were happy for him. it seemed as if the old mark was back.

only you weren't in his life,

and boy did you wish you were.