Chapter 20: Justin and Alissa Together At Last

Justin continued to yell my name through the closed door, but I continued to ignore him. He really had no right to be angry with me, after all he had done to me over the past few weeks had been more than enough for me to be able to yell at him. Was what I said rude? Yes. Was what I said absolutely true? Also, yes. 

"Alissa, open this damn door," Justin's muffled voice once again rang through the thick wooden door that separated the two of us. 

"Why?" I yelled back at him, wiping the tears under my eyes. I wondered if Gianna could hear us arguing from her desk. I wondered if she already knew the situation anyways since she was sucking Justin's dick every chance that she could. I sighed, deciding I no longer cared. Let her hear, she would be dealing with me for at least the next eighteen years if she did decide to be Justin's little hoe for life. 

I could hear him groan loudly, "Dammit Alissa we just need to talk and it is not appropriate for me to keep yelling in the middle of the hallway at our damn job."

"Then go away!" I tried to reason.

The sound of Justin slapping the door echoed as I heard footsteps retreating.

I stood up and walked over to my desk, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened up the front-facing camera so I could see if I looked okay. I groaned at the sight of my face. I had mascara stains all over my cheeks and my eyeliner was completely gone, it must have smudged off when I wiped my eyes. I looked down at my hands and confirmed my theory as I stared at the evidence: black smudge marks from my eyeliner all over thumbs from where I had wiped. Then, the realization I had to meet with Jason in about fifteen minutes all the sudden smacked me right in the face.

In a panic, I ran back to the door and grabbed my purse that I had left sitting on the floor. I grabbed it and brought it back to my desk, prepared to do damage control on my face. I grabbed a small container of Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer and squirted it onto my hands. I scrubbed at the eyeliner stains until they were finally gone and then rubbed the rest of the sanitizer into my hands. I wasn't sure how I was going to get the mascara off of my face, I didn't really want to rub hand sanitizer all over my cheeks.

I looked around and found an old water bottle from a few days ago and figured that was my best option. I grabbed the water bottle and a tissue from the box on my desk,  I wet the tissue and began scrubbing at my face until the stains were gone. Though, it did leave my cheeks a little red from irritation. I was thankful that I at least carried make up around for whenever I needed touch ups. I grabbed the small travel bag I kept in my purse and got to work, fixing my eyeshadow and reapplying both eyeliner and mascara. I touched up my foundation, especially around my puffy eyes and the red marks on my cheeks from scrubbing the mascara off.

Once I was satisfied, I packed everything back into the bag and stashed it away back in my purse. As if on cue and whoever was on the other side knew that I was done, there was a knock at my door. My heart sped up, scared that it was Justin trying to come talk to me again.

"Alissa?" One of the paralegals who worked directly with Jason, Tanner, spoke on the other side. I breathed out a sigh of relief and went to the door and opened it up. Tanner was younger, he was a paralegal but had dreams to eventually go to law school and become an attorney himself.

I cleared my throat, "Hey. What's up?"

"Jason asked me to come tell you that he was ready to meet with you guys," Tanner explained.

I nodded, nerves immediately began to fill me. I wasn't nervous to meet with Jason and fill him in on Christiana's case, I was nervous to have to sit in a room with Justin and have to act like everything was normal.