Chapter 7: A Heat of the Moment Kind of Thing

A very confused Justin Collins stood right in front of me as he slowly sat down at my table, still looking as if he had seen a ghost.

"Alissa, what are you doing here?" He asked.

I quickly took a sip of alcohol, definitely not feeling prepared for this awkward conversation. "My friend forced me to come..." I trailed off, looking over at Joanna who was basically mind fucking the guy sitting at her table. I let my eyes slowly scan back to Justin, who looked incredible looking. His hair was slicked back to how he normally wore it. He dressed in a button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black dress pants that fit in all the right places. I licked my lips before looking back up and making eye contact with him, "What are you doing here?"
I could tell he was checking me out too which only made heat rise to my cheeks before he looked back into my eyes. "I live nearby here, figured I had nothing better to do." He shrugged with a smile stretched across his face. "Definitely did not think I would be seeing you here."

"I was feeling the same way about you," I laughed, taking another sip of my drink as Justin's smile grew larger.

"You look..." He looked down again at my outfit before looking back up at me.

I frowned, "It's a bit too much isn't it? My friend Joanna kind of forced me into this little thing," I played with the hem of the dress. "It's not very-"

"You look beautiful, Alissa," Justin interrupted me.

I blushed and bit at my bottom lip, looking back up at Justin. "Well thank you."

We both sat in a comfortable silence for a moment, just soaking in each other's presence before I dare to speak up again.

"Well, sorry this is probably kind of weird for you," I apologized.

Justin shrugged, "It's kind of funny seeing you here. I wasn't expecting it."

I nodded, feeling awkward and now feeling like I was intruding on Justin's night.

"But it is a very welcome and pleasant surprise," Justin reassured which immediately made my thoughts of self doubt disappear. 

I grinned, "Well, I guess we can talk about the case while we both are here since I don't know how busy you are tomorrow. I looked over the questionnaire she sent back and she's definitely got some interesting answers we are going to need to look over together before we meet with her again."

Justin nodded, sitting up closer, "Why don't we wait to talk about work until tomorrow." He suggested.

"Okay," I agreed, mentally making myself drop every thought of work out of my brain. "What would you like to talk about instead?"
He shrugged, "Anything, I want to get to know you better but we already asked our five questions for the day."

"We definitely did, plus you're the one who decided the rule of only asking five questions per day. You can't break your own rule, Mr. Collins," I smirked.

He licked his lips and in that moment I wanted nothing more than to feel them against my own.

"We should really talk about that last question you asked me."

I felt like a deer in headlights. I had no idea how to respond to this, this was the question I had regretted as soon as the words came out of my mouth.

"Oh..." I picked up my glass, "Which question?" I took a large gulp.

Justin stared at me more intently, "You know exactly which question I'm talking about, Alissa."