Chapter 24: I Do Not Have Time For His Mood Swings

My morning flew by really quickly, when I finished all my tasks for the morning I grabbed my stuff to head out for a quick lunch. Walking out of my office, Justin was standing in the hallway scrolling on his phone, he looked upset.

Based off of this morning, I do not have time for his mood swings. Instead of bothering to ask if he was okay or what was wrong, I just kept walking down the hallway. I was headed for the elevator, lunch on the brain.

"Alissa"

I turned, was he really about to interrupt a pregnant lady on the way to go get some food? I feel like that is an unforgivable sin. I was now facing Justin, who had turned his attention from his phone now to me.

"Yes?" I asked him, confusion mixed in my tone.

He sped walk over to me. "I was supposed to get lunch with a client, but they just emailed on me and canceled. They decided to go with a different attorney. Rude, right?" He vented.

Mixed emotions flooded my brain. I was happy that when Justin told me he was busy for lunch it wasn't because he was going with Gianna. But I was also confused why was he telling me this?

"Sorry to hear that," I answered, my brain once again returning to thoughts of what I wanted for lunch.

He cleared his throat, "Do you want to get lunch together?"

"Oh um..." I scratched my head. "Sure, I guess."

This boy was going to give me whiplash.

Justin smiled, "I mean we definitely need to talk about the case and of course..." He trailed off, looking down at my stomach. "We need to discuss what we're going to tell Jason."

I nodded, agreeing that we should bring that up to Jason sooner rather than later. "Why don't we head to the little Italian place a few blocks down the street. I really am craving some pasta."

"First craving?" He asked.

"More like my hundredth craving," I corrected as we stepped into the elevator together.

Justin leaned against the wall of the elevator, "Funny enough, I had reservations at that restaurant with my client who has now fired me. So, we are so in sync."

No, we very obviously were not in sync, clearly obvious but Justin's constant mood swings and me being unable to keep up whether he liked me and wanted to be with me, or hated me and wanted to be with someone else like Gianna.

We were pretty quiet as we walked down to the restaurant. Justin was scrolling through emails and I was just trying to keep it together while we walked. I know Ellis sometimes liked to surprise me at lunch by meeting me in the lobby, so I was incredibly relieved today to not see him waiting for me by the door or the by the elevator.

We arrived at the restaurant together and were seated quickly, thanks to Justin's reservation. I was starving and ready to inhale an entire plate of pasta.

"So... let's talk about Jason."

Oh yeah, reality always seems to come crashing back in like a giant wave coming at you when you're standing on the beach not paying attention.

"He is going to flip literal shit when he finds out," I bit my lip.

Justin sighed, "I mean, we did nothing wrong. We are two consenting adults, and are consensual decision is just so happening to end up with a baby... that we both going to need to go on parental leave for at the same time... and probably take time off together for many appointments for like... ever," Justin word vomitted.