Chapter 12:

Natasha: The next morning, I awoke to Clint packing up his stuff. "Good, you're awake," he said, "I need to know something."

"What?" I asked, still groggy.

"If I leave, will you leave as well?" he asked.

"And do what exactly. I'm not exactly one for sight seeing," I said.

"That's what I thought you might say," Clint said, "I'm running out of zip ties. I'm going to pick up my boss, see if I can exaplain some of this to him before he gets here. You stay here, be good, don't leave, and maybe he'll trust you a little more."

"Would you like me to tie myself to the bed or something before you get back to make you look better?" I asked sarcastically.

"WOuld you?" Clint asked sincerly. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I order room service, or will he take that as going too easy on me?" I asked.

"Listen, if you want to be a US citizen, he's your way to get it. If he doesn't approve, you'll never get past airport security at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, let alone be allowed into the US as a citizen."

I pretended to zip my lip, then said, "So is that an exnay on the room service or...?"

Clint rolled his eyes, then he left.

A few moments after Clint left, I had room service on my lap. Then I heard a door open behind me.

I turned around fast, raising one of my guns I had found in the 20 seconds Clint had been gone before room service, which had been stowed in the toilet tank. "Here, all this time, I thought you were trying to get out," a voice said. Wint stared back at me, his eyes cold and dangerout.

"Wint," I said.

"So he's offering you to get away from Drakeov, and you'll do anything he asks," Wint said, "Should have signed up for that plan."

"I don't know what you heard, but I promise you, its not real," I said, "I've been faking this whole time."

"Natalia, if there is anything I have ever known about you, its that you never fake tears," Wint said.

"Of course I did. Its the only way to get what I need," I said.

"You expect me to believe that too!" Wint said, "Rememeber who was there with you when your brother was killed! That was all true Natasha! All of it! You're giving him information!"

"He's offering me a chance!" I said.

"I know there's more there too," Wint said, his eyes and voice icy and acidic.

"What else do you think there is?" I asked.

"You like him. No, I think its farther than that. You kiss him, and cry on his shoulder. Don't tell me that all an act!" Wint said.

"Wint, you don't know what your talking about?" I asked, "There is nothing between us!" Even to me it wasn't convincing though.

"You don't believe that," Wint shook his head, "Does what I did for you mean nothing?!"

"We knew that was a risk from the beginning Wint!" I said.

"But I did it! You didn't even take a blow!" Wint nearly shouted now.

"If you would have played your cards right neither would you!" I said, matching his volume.

"Sorry I don't have the assets Drakeov sees in you!" Wint shot back.

"I haven't seen you in almost 3 years Wint! And you expect me to be in love with you! " I shouted.

Wint looked as if I had slapped him.

"I went through electro shock, injections meant just to cause pain, and was beaten," Wint said, his voice now barely more than a whisper, "And none of it matters?"

I looked down from his hurt face. "I haven't even seen you Wint," I said.

"Yes, but you've known him for not even four days now. You spent one day of it unconcious because of it," Wint said, "And I'm not supposed to be a little hurt you chose him over me." Wint shook his head, laughing a little.

"Maybe you really are the Black Widow," he said. Then he opened the window and jumped out. I sat down on the floor, for a moment not sure what to feel. But I was almost... relieved. Realizing now I didn't have to break anyones hearts to get what I needed.