Chapter 20:

Natasha: I followed as everyone climbed into vans to catch our planes. The air field wasn't but a 10 minute drive from HQ.

I rode in the front. Wint drove the car I rode in. He didn't say a word the whole car ride.

We pulled up on the tarmack, and we each loaded into our designated planes. I tried to get a rough estimate on who was here. Or how many people I would be up against.

It was then I caught the sheer enormity of what I was going to do. These agents had been my family for the past 7 years. Now this all going to end, and I was going to do everything I could to kill them.

I stood by Wint, holding onto the orange netting and we took off. "Is this the Winter Soldier sulking?" I asked, trying to ease my state with a little playful banter.

"I don't sulk," Wint said, his voice a bitter mutter.

"Well you hardly said anything on the ride over," I said, "Are you sure?"

"Natasha, first I want to point out that right now it is taking every muscle in my body to continue to hold onto this net and not kill you," Wint snapped, "And second, don't flatter yourself sweetheart. I'm over you."

I swallowed. I didn't truly believe he was over me, but then again, if I had good training, he had better. I looked away for the rest of the flight.

We landed exactly where I mapped, and we all came out on the grass. It was a really pretty park. I felt kind of bad for destroying it. "Take them down," I said, pointing to a family enjoying a picnic. The mother screamed, and I wanted to cry. But a moment later, I heard the three gunshots, and I knew it was over. I looked around, trying to find Drakeov. He was no where to be found.

We started our walk down the street. I started checking windows, looking for Clint. I heard gunshots all around me. I tried to ignore the fact that I carried a bomb on my back. Finally, I found Clint in a window. He gave me a hand signal. At this moment, I turned to my men. "Keep true to course, I'm going to go check something." They contninued to march, and I started toward where I saw Clint. I looked up again, and then I watched as a set of hands pulled him down from the window.

I raced into the building. I finally got to the room and saw the men jump out the window. I ran after him. He was good, fast, even with Clint on his back. He ran along the roof top, and I chased him. "Hey!" I screamed. He didn't even flinch, just kept running. I tried looking across the rooftops, trying to find a way to intercept him, but even I could tell there was nothing I could do. I tried to pick up speed. I pulled out my gun to shoot, but from the distance, I knew I ran a high risk of hitting Clint, and I would never be able to forgive myself for that. I raced along. Finally I saw him jump.

I ran as fast as I could then saw it was only a 15 foot drop, and he was running along a 100 feet ahead. I could probably close that gap in a few seconds, end this chase.

I ran along, and then I was a few moments from closing the gap, went we jumped through a window. I landed on top of the guy and we tumbled down a flight of dark wooden stairs. I pinned him to the ground, Clint finally stopping his tumble at the foot of a grandfather clock.

I looked at the face of the man who had gotten Clint. I recognized him as one of Drakeov's secret squad, a group of men who basically followed any command Drakeov gave them, but had very few missions.

Finally, I knocked out the guy and walked over to Clint. I turned him towards me. "Clint," I whispered, "Clint are you okay."

He moaned after a few moments, and I saw blood starting to stain his shirt. I held my hand over the wound. This was going to complicate things. "Ah, Natalia," a voice said above me, "My favorite little traitor."

I felt a pain in my head, like a fast pound, and then my world went black.