Chapter 5:

Natasha: The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was sitting up. Then I noticed my hands were zip tied behind my back. And James was sitting in a chair, polishing an arrow.

 “You missed,” I muttered.

 “Nope,” James said.

 “It went in my thigh idiot,” I said.

 “I don’t miss. If I meant to kill you, you’d be dead,” James said.

 “How very James Bond,” I muttered bitterly.

 “You were given false intel,” he said, looking at me for the first time.

 “I figured that out Sherlock,” I said, “Most people don’t have random snipers.”

 “I have to say I’m surprised,” James said, “Is Natalie your real name. I’m figuring its not.”

 “What kind of spy would I be if I left my name?” I asked.

 “So what is your name. I mean, I’ve heard the code name, Black Widow,” he said.

 “You first,” I muttered.

 “Clint Barton,” he said, “Or Hawkeye, the Hawk, whatever.”

 “Hawkeye,” I said, “You were really hoping I heard that stupid name weren’t you.”

 “Maybe a little, but its not exactly bringing down my spirits,” Clint said, “What about you?”

 “Natasha Alianovna Romanov,” I told him, “And you already know my code, so I’m not going to bother to introduce it.”

 “Natasha,” Clint said, as if he was trying it on, “Not far from Natalie.”

 “Duh,” I said, “Don’t stray to far from the truth, just border it at all times.”

 “Sorry,” Clint said, “I was trained in the US, where they tell us to tell the truth as often as possible.”

 “Look where it got you,” I said.

 That’s when I kicked up my legs, pulling the leg off the bed and grabbing it and attempting to hit Clint over the head with it. He grabbed in and pulled in from my hands. I kicked low, Clint falling to his feet and I ran.

 I was a few doors down the hall by the term I heard footsteps run into the hall. A moment later I felt a sharp pain in my knee, my whole leg buckling, and I fell, my world going black for a second time.

 I awoke again, tied to the other side of the bed, my feet tied as well. I rolled my eyes.

“Will you quit it with the stupid arrows and fight fair?!”

 “You just gave Drakov a bill for a bed,” Clint said.

 “Dang,” I muttered, pretending to care.

 “I got to do a little research while you were out this time. I have to admit, I’m impressed. There’s not much info on you,” Clint said, smirking, “In fact, all we have is ‘presumed’ stuff. We don’t really know its you.”

 “I’m a good spy,” I muttered.

 “Drakov’s Daughter?” Clint asked, “Kind of a catchy name.”

 “Never call me that!” I said through gritted teeth, “I am not his daughter, its a stupid name.”

 “Why?” Clint asked.

 “Because-” I stopped, smiling, “Interrogating me. Nice. I almost didn’t catch it.” Clint just stared at me.

 “The KGB has got you trained pretty good,” Clint said after a moment.

 “Not as good as SHIELD’s got you,” I said.

 “What?” Clint asked, obviously surprised, but his eyes showing a definite amount of impression, “What’s SHIELD.”

 “You just told me,” I said, “You were surprised I knew, but you were impressed. Therefore, it secret. The KGB has had their eye on SHIELD for 6 years now. I knew you weren’t FBI because the FBI wouldn’t send in one guy. You’re not CIA because CIA wouldn’t train you in bow. You aren’t from a Military Investigative Branch because the KGB has never assigned me to kill a military man due to the fact we have no interest in them. The fact that they only sent in one of you points towards secret organization. SHIELD was the most popular fighter of the KGB of our options.”

 “So you can do math,” Clint muttered. He smiled. “So what would Drakov think of this, you being held captive and all.”

 “The job comes with risks. I’m certain he hasn’t noticed anything is off yet,” I said with a malicious smirk.

 “Well, you’re going to start giving me answers, or he’s going to find out,” Clint said, turning his screen. There was an email written up.

 Drakov,

They call me Hawkeye. I work for SHIELD, an American organization you might have heard of. We have Black Widow. She is giving us intel and has been taken captive so she will continue to do so. Good luck finding us.

Hawkeye.

“He’ll never buy that I’m giving you secrets,” I muttered. But my stomach turned.

 “Then he won’t care if I hit send,” Hawkeye said, his finger over the key to send.

 “Even if I give you secrets you can’t trust anything I say,” I said.

 “I think you’ll find the will. Otherwise, if we set you free, and you gave us false intel, we’ll hunt you down and kill you.”

 “If you find me,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

 “I think you don’t want me to send this email not because you think Drakov will kill you, but instead, he’ll do something worse,” Clint said, “You’re afraid of him.”

 “If you knew my story, you would be too,” I said, “He’s powerful.”

 “More powerful than the girl he gave Super Soldier serum?” Clint asked.

 “Super soldier serum?” I asked, confused. Clint blinked a few times, then had a look of realization. He put the computer down.

 “He never told you the stuff he did to you,” Clint muttered.

 “He gave me all I needed to know. I was strong, able to do the jobs. I didn’t need to know anymore,” I said. But his words brought back memories.

Pain. Lots of pain. Surgery after surgery, no recovery time in between.

Alexi.

 “Hello?” Clint asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

 “Sorry,” I said, “Just trying to figure out if these are the cheap zip ties or not.” An obvious lie, but Clint smiled.

 “They’re the one’s SHIELD purchase princess, meant to tie down anything that may come our way,” Clint said, “What do you know about what they did to you?”

 “Why does it matter. Obviously I don’t have what you’re after anymore,” I said.

Clint sighed.

 “You know,” he said after a moment, “I really did like you.” He pulled out a black touch screen. “I have to make a phone call. I’ll be right outside the door. Don’t do anything stupid.”

I shrugged, which was the extent of movement I could do. He stepped outside. And instantly, I started trying to find a way out.