Chapter 17:

Natasha: "I'm sorry," Clint said as I rode with him to the airport, only two hours later. I had barely even been able to talk to him since. He had given me back my guns, along with my prized Widow's bite bracelets, which were laced with the ability to give an electrical charge. They were the one and only perk to working for Drakeov.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For making it real," Clint said.

"What made it real?" I asked, glancing out the window at the passing buildings.

"Making you wear a dress, the ring," Clint said, "I'm sorry. I just thought..."

"It's okay," I said, looking back at him, "If you needed to do it to go through with what was essentially my dirty work, I wasn't about to complain."

"I didn't do it for me," Clint said.

I stared back, confused, "Then who did you do it for?"

"You," Clint said, "You may say love is for children, but deep down, I know how much doing this meant to you. I don't want you to look back 10 years from now and wish your first wedding would have been more, because it will never be the first one again."

I sighed, looking down at the ring. It was beautiful. "Thank you," I said, "Even though I can't honestly tell you if it made it worse or better. You've done so much. I owe you a debt now."

We pulled up in my terminal, and I got out, CLint following. I pulled my bag of guns out of the back, along, the bag also holding my cat suit and dress.

"You'll come back right?" Clint asked.

"Of course," I said, "Worst case scenario I have to bring the ring back."

Clint pursed his lips in a smile. "In that case we'll talk about how much you owe me, after you kill Drakeov."

"Solid deal," I said. I hugged him.

"Thank you for the opprotunities, and the marriage, and for letting me cry on your shoulder when I told you my story," I said.

"I'll see you soon," Clint said. Not if I die first I thought to myself.

I headed towards the terminal, ready to kill Drakeov.

Clint: Fury appeared behind me, from where the world may never know. I didn't know what I felt in that moment.

"You think she's coming back?" Fury asked.

"Yeah," I said, "Worst case scenario she has to come back to sign the divorce papers."

"You think Drakeov can't wipe them out with one of his stupid hackers?" Fury asked, "Whatever, that's why she'll never have a spot in SHIELD."

"What?" I asked, turning to face him.

"Sorry Barton, I never planned on giving your girl a spot," Fury said.

"I just got married for that lie!" I said angrilly.

"Congratulations. I'll make sure I get you something off your registry," Fury said.

"So in the end she'll have given this much up, but she'll get nothing?" I asked.

"She won't be living under Drakeov. She can still be a US citizen, but she just won't be working for me," Fury said.

I shook my head in disbelief. "What do you say we get out of this crappy place Barton. I'll buy you a beer for your trouble," Fury said.

"Sorry sir," I said, backing away, "I quit."

I pulled my SHIELD badge out of my pocket and handed it to Fury, then I walked away.

Natasha: I arrived in Russia sooner than I would have liked. I pulled off my ring instantly, putting it in the front pocket of my suitcase. I saw a car waiting for me, and I got in.

"You're leave was extended longer than expected," Drakeov said, drinking a scotch facing me in the car, "I assume that means it was more productive?"

"Hostage situation. They wanted information. I'm fine, by the way," I said.

"Careful Natalia," he said, "We wouldn't want you getting snippy with me now would we."

"My apologies sir," I said.

We pulled up at the KGB offices, and I followed Drakeov. It was amazing. Clint had taken me hostage initally, but I had felt more free with him the whole time. I followed Drakeov into his office. To my horror, there was someone else in there. Wint stood in the corner, rubbing his human hand with his metal one.

"Natalia, I trust you remember the Winter Soldier," Drakeov said, sitting down at his desk.

"Yes sir," I said, not taking my eyes away from Wint, "Sir, am I dismissed?"

"No," Drakeov said, "Natalia, in your absence the world did not stop spinning. We have a new plan in action. The Winter Soldier here will be helping us put these plans into action."

"Plans, sir?" I asked.

"Bombs Natalia," Drakeov said, "In your absence, we managed to get our hands on the making for a large amount of the makings for Nuclear Bombs, small ones, but dangerous. We have a plan in action. We are going to take down the US once and for all. Then move on to the rest. Russia will be the most powerful force in the world."

"Sir, does the president approve?" I asked, confused.

"These are not in the Presidents power, my young Natalia," Drakeov said.

Now I got it. I swallowed, "So you'll hold all the chips on the world."

"Your training precedes you," Drakeov said, "I'll need your help. We'll be testing our bombs in Budapest. We'll need you to survey what you saw of Buapest and what you think is the most devestating place to hit. You will be working along side The Winter Soldier in this, so lets hope this time you two will be able to...controll. yourselves."

I swallowed and nodded.

All I knew was this. The world was going to be bombed, the US as the main target, and Drakeov was going to hold all the chips.