Chapter 2 | suspicions

Y/n's POV // spring 2 // 6:00 PM

The day was normal.

Planted my brand new parsnip seeds, met the town..

Sam freaked me out a bit..

Knowing a Samuel decades ago who looked just like the one in this town really messed with my head..

He was probably my best friend, I basically watched him grow up and we went to high school together.

He knew all about me being a vampire.

We did what regular rebellious teenagers would do..

Smoke, drink.. though I think Sammy and I overdid it with the vandalizing over buildings with spray paint.

It was a lot of fun, we had a band, I lived alone so he would always be over hiding away from his responsibilities.

We would go skateboarding at a nearby skatepark at our old high school.

Yes, it was fun.

But our time together just like any shit show ended with a gravestone.

Samuel had Bipolar disorder, his episodes of depression would go on for months.

At one point he just snapped.

And one thing I feared came true.

After a huge fight during an episode, Sam had gone home.

I left him there.

It was my fault for leaving him alone.

But walking into his apartment to apologize Samuel had hung himself.

Seeing that Sam guy in this town really fucked with my head.

They look and acted so similar..

It scared me.

So why the hell am I trying to teach him how to do a kick flip?

"L-like this?" Sam struggled, trying his best to flip the board all the way.

"Your getting scared of falling..." I sighed at him.

"I'm scared? You seem to be terrified of sunlight if your dressed like that" he gestured to my outfit and sunscreen.

I was wearing black jeans, a red tshirt, black arm warmers, sunglasses and to top it all off a straw hat I had kept with me for years.

Stepping into the sun without protection would be instant death for me.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go now, good luck on your kick flip" I waved at him before turning away towards my farm.

"Thanks for the tips!" The blondie yelled.

Shit.

They really are similar aren't they..
_______________________________
About 20 minutes later

Footsteps came from behind me, they were soft and the familiar boots scraped some pebbles quietly.

If I were human I probably wouldn't know she was there.

"Hey Abby" I continued chopping down some trees at the farm.

"What!? How'd you know!?" She whined, sitting herself down on a tree log.

"Your footsteps were loud" I smirked at her, she stared at me in disbelief.

"I didn't even make a noise!"

Shrugging, the girl sighed and stood up once again.

"You work hard huh?" She smiled at me.

The sun was setting behind the trees of my farm.