Chapter 3 | a near death experience

Y/n's POV // spring 20 Saturday // 9:00 pm //

It's been about three weeks since my arrival to Pelican town.

There's been a lot of stares from hiding from the sun, a lot of confusion from having to wait till I'm invited into houses.

So I guess it's pretty tiring, but other than that, no one has found out about me.

Other than one person.

I slowly crept up the steps to the old wizards tower, knocking on the door.

"Come in" a voice rang from inside.

He knew I was coming.

He knew it from miles away.

The door opened slowly on its own and I walked inside, hiding myself from the outside world.

Here in this tower was safe.

"Hello Rasmodius" I took my sun hat off, resting it on a small bookcase by the doors.

"Y/n"

Rasmodius has done business with my family many times.

The feeling of being watched not too long ago.

I knew it all to well, it was his doing.

"Took over your grandfathers farm?" He asked, taking his hat off as well.

We had mutual respect for each other, though we weren't close.

More like acquaintances, my grandfather on my dads side had made deals that led down to my father to be close with him as well.

I guess you could say Rasmodius was a family friend.

Though I didn't know he lived here..

"Yeah.. he was big on keeping me safe so finding that letter wasn't a huge surprise"

He nodded in response, walking over to his cauldron.

It was boiling with green gasses and mixtures.

"There's a protective barrier around this town, correct?" I asked him, there's always been a weird feeling around town.

"Only for certain families, of course your aloud here, Hiro and Isaac are also aloud here"

Hiro and Isaac, it was always the three of us growing up.

Hiro was the mom friend, He got me and Isaac out of trouble most of the time.

I haven't seen them in a long time, specifically the last time I saw them was before Samuel.

"Molly and November?" I asked aswell.

Molly was Hiros cousin and November was a family friend of Isaac, she came from a witching family.

The five of us were a group, but we only got to see November and Molly a couple times a year.

"Yes, they are also aloud here"

I nodded in response and sat down by the cauldron.

"You know that Sebastian kids real suspicious of you" Rasmodius notified, brewing in herbs.

"Seriously!?"

He sighed in annoyance "when's the last time you had human blood? You haven't done anything sketchy have you?" Ras scolded.

"Uh, a month ago?"

"Are you serious!?" He yelled, walking over  to his top drawers.

"I've been having animal blood for a while now, and this towns small, even if I manipulate and erase their memory it's a risky idea"