Chapter 4 | jealousy

Sebastians POV // Spring 24 Wednesday// 9:30 am //

"I can't believe I still have to participate.."
I groaned, once again adjusting my collar in irritation, it never seemed to fit as it tightened at my neck.

Mom, Maru and I were walking down to the flower dance, we had just gotten to Y/n's farm when noticing the vampire petting her cat which was helping himself to his water.

"Y/n!" Mom yelled, now that I think about it.. she could probably hear us from a mile away.

Y/n stood up, looking towards our direction before grabbing her backpack and sword with her.

Only then did I notice her change of style.

She wore a bazaleas france lace white dress, with a black unzipped sweater over it, covering her arms from the sun.

She wore tights under along with some black ankle high boots, the same necklace and choker from before along with a sun hat to cover herself from the sun.

The white dress was definitely more girly than what she usually wears..

But the black unzipped hoodie gave it that same Y/n feel to it.

She looked good.

"Hello.." the farmer walked up to us.

"Just finished watering your crops?" Maru asked, her eyes on the greens.

"Yep, I was just gonna head to the festival now"

We had started walking and Y/n spoke to the two quietly, I walked behind them, admiring
Y/n's sword.

It fit comfortably in a scabbard which Y/n had around her shoulder down to her waist, over the scabbard Y/n held her backpack.

The back pocket was opened allowing a small paper to fall out.

I picked it up, staring at the picture quietly.

A woman smiled at the camera, she looked as if she was carrying something but there was nothing there.

Vampires don't appear in photos do they?

Does that mean this is..

"Hey!" Y/n yelled, I looked up at her as she stared at me.

"Oh.. this fell out of your back pocket.." I handed it to her.

"Hey it's your mom!" Mom yelled.

That's Y/n's mom!? More importantly.. she knew her!?

"You knew her?" Y/n asked in surprise, folding the piece of paper into her backpack once again.

Thinking back to the photo, the resemblance was definitely there.

"She was my best friend! You know you took basically all your dads features" mom smirked.

Then does she know about Y/n..?

"You knew my dad!?" Y/n yelled in shock.

"Yeah! Haven't seen him in a while though, how is he?"

Or.. she doesn't know, does she..?