Chapter 50: The Inevitable Miracle

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Katya said.

Trixie's eyes fluttered open and she gasped as she saw the room they were in. Shelves upon shelves of books surrounded them and in the middle on a pedestal stood the first book they had read together; "If There's A Word More Powerful Than Love".

On the other side of the room was a large fireplace with two comfy chairs in front of it, one pink and one red, and above the fireplace was the painting of Lilith and Eve that had been in Katya's apartment.

"It's.. this.. Katya, this is incredible." Trixie said in awe.

"Consider it my wedding gift to you, I had it built since you can't really work at the library anymore now." Katya told the girl.

Traveling between realms was easy for Katya, but for Trixie it was exhausting. On top of that, the young girl had new responsibilities in the Realm of Darkness which would take time to get used to so continuing to work at the library had proven to be impossible.

"Thank you, so much. I really love it. It makes me feel a lot more at home here." The brown eyed girl said.

"That's good, I want you to be happy here." The demon replied.

"Katya, I'll be happy just by you being here. You're my world now."

Katya put her arms around the girl's waist and pulled her in for a kiss, letting all her emotions go into it.

"I love you, кукла." She said as the kiss ended.

"I love you too." Trixie replied.

Their small collection of scars from the hardships they had been through meant nothing when their paradise had finally arrived. The bond between them shone beautifully like in a dream, and would continue to do so for the rest of their lives. Their glowing aurora blue promises shining until the end of time.

Trixie had fears for the future, but none of those were related to any doubt in Katya. She was not one who could easily rule, especially not a place like Hell, but she was finding her way. And together they were making the new era of the Realm of Darkness.

Aurelia was doing the same in the Realm of Light. Rebuilding the realm itself, and the bond between the realms. A new council had been formed, and there was peace and respect between Light and Darkness.
It had proven to make both realms stronger, all of them far more powerful than before. Katya had truly brought on a new time of prosperity.

The pair sat down in their chairs as Katya lit the fireplace with a flick of her wrist. She made the book from the pedestal appear in her hands, opening it and finding the place they had left off.

"We talked about reading more of this together, remember?" Katya said.

"I remember, and from what I recall, it was my turn so give it here." Trixie said with a giggle as she reached out her hand. Katya laughed a little and gave it to the girl, who promptly started to read as they sat there in the glow of warming fire, under the watchful eyes of Lilith and Eve.

"How did we manage to come this far together? Were we able to reach love because we walked through such lovely moments together?
An inevitable miracle.
I've come to believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence in love. I've come to trust that the universe calculates even the littlest things such as the wing stroke of a butterfly in order to make two people fall in love.
I suppose I didn't want to think that we met by a mere coincidence." Trixie read.

"So, the only thing I can do is do my best to love you..." Katya said with her as they smiled at eachother.

Their love shining like shimmering starlight between them. The inevitable miracle that the hands of destiny had put in motion had finally come to fruition.

Their promised forever had arrived.

A/N: Thank you all for enjoying this book. I can't believe the support it has gotten, it truly means a lot. Unfortunately all good things have to end, and this story has come to a close. However I've just started my new Trixya story Beauty Is Pain, and I also have a ton of completed books so feel free to check those out.

Thank you again for the support!

- Annie♡