Chapter 15

Back at Liones, it was clear to see that a war had started to break out, and if the panic from the civilians wasn't already high enough, a giant falling from the sky and crashing into a few houses was sure to stir them up even more.

Only seconds after Diane fell from the sky, Dreyfus' voice echoed throughout the capital. "I am Holy Knight Grandmaster Dreyfus. People of Liones we've been infiltrated by traitors known as the Seven Deadly Sins. And they've begun ransacking the kingdom. The Holy War of ancient legend is finally about to begin! But have no fear. Liones will be guarded by the power of the Holy Knights! For those who can fight, take up arms and make your stance!"

As Diane walked through the town, parts of nearby houses were blow to pieces, despite Diane not even making contact.

Guila had run up behind Diane, and spotted one of these explosions. "Where did that attack come from?!"

"The giant wreaking havoc as she roams the village. A stunning sight to be sure." A new voice said, and Guila looked back to see Helbram and Jerico walk up.

"But aren't you the one causing all the destruction, Sir Helbram?" Jericho asked.

"Well under these dire circumstances no matter what I do Diane will be the one who's held responsible for this. It's called staging."

"That doesn't sound all too noble of you, Helbram." A new voice said, and the three knights turned to see someone else walking up to the group. A man with a mane of golden hair and beastly red eyes. He tilted his head slightly and a lion-like look appeared on his face.

"Holy Knight Leander. I'm just saying that we now have a villain, and it wouldn't do for her to no wreak havoc. To establish knights as the embodiments of justice, villains are a must. Tell me, what better villains are there other than the Seven Deadly Sins."

"In this situation you're the only villain. The both of us know of the lies that Dreyfus and Hendrickson spread all those years ago to get them banished from the kingdom."

"W-what do you mean by that? All of those reports of the Seven Deadly Sins plotting to take over the kingdom, were all of those lies?" Guila asked.

"Does any of that really matter right now? Forget it, and let's go after Diane's head together and give her what she deserves." Jericho said.

"Jericho, what did you drink the demon's blood for?" Guila asked.

"Huh?"

Before anything more could be said, the voice of a young boy called out and the group looked over to see a child running towards them.

"Is that you, Guila?" He called out.

"Stay away from here!" Guila shouted.

Though as the kid ran out of the small alleyway, the top of a building started to slip down towards the ground. Before anyone could act, Diane had swung around and thrown herself on top of the boy, the roof of the building crashing down on top of her.

"It would appear that it's all over now." A new voice said, and the knights looked over to see three others walking towards them. "Ah, Knight Leander, I see you made it."

Leander just frowned and narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Grandmaster Dreyfus!" Jericho exclaimed before running up to him. "I'd be honored if you'd entrust me, Jericho, with the task of taking Sin Diane's head."

"Very well." Dreyfus started, though before Jericho could move to attack, two knights moved from where they were standing and stood between Diane and the rest.

"What do you two think you're doing, Howzer and Leander?" Dreyfus asked.

"You told me this years ago, remember? You may only use your power when you yourself feel the situation justifies it. Well it would appear that the time has finally come."