Chapter 2

Do I have self control? No
Are some chapters prewritten? Yes

Uh, Merry Crimus :)

___________

It wasn't long before Brooke was sitting inside the tavern, which she soon learned wasn't just a tavern and more like the hat of a giant green pig which made the name, The Boar Hat, make more sense. It was a little jarring to rise up from the ground the moment she stepped into the building, but Brooke had slowly gotten used to the sway as they moved onwards with their journey.

"So we're headed to Vaizel to look for Diane's Sacred Treasure? Sounds like fun. This is normally the time of the year for their annual fighting festival if I'm remembering correctly. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to get there in time for it. And since it's a fighting fest we might meet up with one of my friends."

"You've mentioned your friends when we first met, who are they exactly?" Meliodas asked.

"It's hard to describe them, in a way they're also my teammates. To be honest I haven't really seen any of them in a while, a few years actually."

"Then how do you know that they'll be willing to help us?" King asked.

Brooke smiled, "Oh, they'll be willing. I'm not concerned about that."

***

After what seemed like another hour or two of traveling, the tavern started to shake and sink back down towards the ground as the pig, who Brooke now knew as Hawk's mom, burrowed into the ground, leaving no trace that she was there once she had gotten settled.

"That town clinging to the side of the mountain is Vaizel. It's a merchant town." Meliodas said as they stepped out of the tavern and looked over small village.

"Is it really here?" Hawk asked.

"Screw that! We gotta do something about my clothes." Ban complained, and Brooke looked over at him, seeing that he wasn't wearing any type of shirt or jacket, just a pair of pink leather pants.

"Just cover your six pack with an apron." Meliodas said, waving his hand dismissively towards the fox sin.

"That's not important now!" Diane exclaimed, hitting the ground and causing the six of them to fly up into the air. "Why am I being left behind to mind the tavern?!"

"Look Diane, ever since a giant went wild at their festival a few years ago they've all been banned from town. But we'll come right back as soon as we see what's up."

Diane started shaking her head, "It's gonna be boring!"

"You know, I think I'll stay behind too." Elizabeth stated, catching Brooke's attention.

"What, really?" Diane asked.

"Yeah, I think it would be nice to have a little girl time for a change."

"Yeah, just us girls."

"Okay!" Meliodas exclaimed, getting the attention on him. "Now that that's settled let's head into town!"

***

Once down in the village, she saw a bustle of people moving through the main pathway, where stalls of merchant goods were set up. Looking around it seemed that anyone could get anything at this town, from weapons to spices

"Step right up! get your sword from a skilled blacksmith!" One of the merchants called out, motioning towards a table of swords. Brooke had to admit, some of the swords did look pretty strong.