Chapter 14

Ban, Meliodas, Gowther, Brooke, and Aarona quickly forced their way through the front lines of the Holy Knights that had gathered at the gate. Most of the knights were focused on Ban and Meliodas due to their notorious reputation. Though that didn't stop some of the knight from going after Brooke and Aaraona.

"Don't let your guard down! If these two are with the Sins they must be as evil as them!" One of the knights shouted out.

"Yes sir!" Some of the others exclaimed and a wave of knights rushed towards Brooke and Aarona, shouting out as they ran towards them.

"How cute. They think they can take us down." Aarona said with a wild grin as flames started to erupt from her arms, extending past her fingers until they created claws of bright orange flames. "Let's teach them a lesson."

Brooke grinned and got into a battle stance, the golden button on her belt glowed before her hook appeared in her hand. "Yes. Lets."

Brooke and Aarona jumped forwards and a minute later the Holy Knights that had tried to attack them were on the ground, some of them with burns all over their bodies and others bleeding from multiple deeps cuts lining their bodies.

"Are they really Liones' first line of defense?" Aarona asked as the fire retreated back into her arms. "I thought we left them more prepared back then."

"It's been about 1,000 years since then. I don't blame them for changing a little." Brooke said with a shrug.

"I guess you're right. Changing topic you have any idea what's going on over there?"

Brooke followed Aarona's gaze to see the knights that had faced off against Ban, Gowther, and Meliodas were now being hugged by sobbing Holy Knights.

"Hey, you two, we need to get inside the capital while we have the chance!" Meliodas called out as he forced himself out of the grips of the Holy Knights. Brooke nodded and soon the group had gotten past the fawning Holy Knights and ran through the gates of the outer walls, sneaking through the town that was now filled with panicked villagers and battle ready Holy Knights. Crouching behind one of the walls just a small ways away from where a group of Holy Knights were waiting, the five of them stopped, Meliodas peeking over the corner. "Okay, we all managed to get into the capital. But what are we supposed to do here?"

"We can't just recklessly start battling in the city." Gowther pointed out.

"Man, I was really looking forwards to knocking some heads together." Ban muttered.

"And I was so ready to start lighting these guys ablaze." Aarona added.

"With all these Holy Knights around, trying to find Elizabeth could be a pain in the ass." Meliodas said.

"You think we should just head to the castle? Who knows, it might be like one of those fairytales where the princess is locked in an underground dungeon." Ban said.

"That's not entirely impossible." Brooke said. She placed her hand to her chin in thought, "Actually, we might have a way in."

"Do you know how to sneak by the knights?" Meliodas asked.

"We're still going to have to sneak past some of them. Meliodas, the last time you were here were there possibly any golden statues around the castle?"

"You mean the Guardians of Liones? Why are you bringing those statues up?"

"They're not just statues. When someone puts some magic into them they can be used as some kind of one way gate to wherever you need to go. These gates can also take you directly to a person- though you have to hold strong emotions for them." She glanced at Meliodas and a small smile appeared on her face. "Something tells me that's not going to be too much of a problem for us."

A look of determination appeared on Meliodas' face and he nodded. "Right, then. Let's go."

***

Somewhere in the back allies of Liones, Hendrickson along with two other Holy Knights were leading three strangers towards what they assumed was going to be the castle.

Suddenly, Hendrickson stopped in his tracks and raised his hand. The moment he snapped his fingers the two knights walking behind the three newcomers drew their weapons and got into a battle ready stance.

"Hey, what exactly do you think you're pulling here?" The stranger in the middle said.

"It's quite common for envoys to be assassinated in foreign nations. Even if the sent envoy includes the king himself." Hendrickson said, tilting his head as he looked at the three over his shoulder.

The man in the middle chuckled and placed a hand on the back of his head, "Well that's my little secret."

Suddenly someone appeared right beside Hendrickson. She wore a mask covering her face and a crimson dress. "Oh my, this is a pretty predicament. Shall I lend you a hand?"

"Where did you put the last fragment?" Hendrickson asked.

"In the underground dungeon at the palace. Should I have waited until the ritual to bring it?"

"The Seven Deadly Sins have descended upon the capital, along with those pesky tagalongs. Just make sure none of them can steal it."

"So they've already arrived? Understood. Good day. And I bid ado to the pretty boy, sorry mage, and pathetic looking knight" She raised her hand in a gesture of farewell before she vanished into thin air.

The knight that was beside the king gritted her teeth and her grip on her silver staff tightened. "Who does that mage think she is? Calling me pathetic." 

"She must be a mage of Liones if she's able to use magic like that." The king said.

"That isn't any of your concern." Hendrickson said as he jumped forwards, disappearing briefly for a second before reappearing right in front of the King.

There was a loud crash and the two people who were accompanying the king looked behind them, watching as the dust faded away to reveal the king still standing, his sword drawn to deflect the blow- as well as deal a small blow himself as some blood dripped down Hendrickson's forehead.

"Arthur Pendragon. You are not a king in name alone I see."

The king, Arthur, lowered his sword with a smile. "So this is a Holy Knight Grandmaster's strength. After training with Knight Leah for the past few years I think I might be able to handle you."

"We will offer you our full support." One of the other two knights said as Hendrickson walked passed them.

"You shall focus your efforts on the opponents behind you."

The female knight, Leah, grinned and got into a battle stance as the cloaked mage beside her rose up into the air. Before the knights even had a chance to move the they were flying back into a nearby building, the mage having simply raised her hand and used a spell on the knight she was against while Leah had attacked her knight by ramming her staff into his side.

Just on the other side of the houses surrounding that alleyway, innocent villagers looked towards the sound with fearful expressions. The talk of a war traveling around.