Chapter 13

It wasn't long until the group had gotten back to the tavern, and the moment they had gotten back the Sins turned their attention to the four.

"So, you going to tell us who you are?" Ban asked.

"I think the best way to start explaining is to reintroduce ourselves." Brooke said. She straightened up and placed a fist on her chest, the movement mirrored by the other three, "It's a pleasure to officially meet you all. My name is Brooke, and I bear the Blessing of Aquarius, The Water Bearer."

"Name's Aarona, and I was given the blessing of The Aries, the Ram!"

"Titus! Blessing of The  Bull, Taurus!"

"And my name is Sage, and I received a blessing of Sagittarius, The Archer."

"Hey, didn't you have the ass of a horse a moment ago?" Ban asked, pointing towards Sage, who was now standing on what looked to be normal human legs.

Sage smiled, "Simple transformation magic. Standing around in my original form would draw much more attention than I would prefer."

"Why does this all sound so familiar?" Meliodas said, ignoring the short conversation between Sage and Ban with a hand risen to his chin as a look of concentration appeared on his face.

"Because you've met them before." Gowther said, "Did you really forget, Captain?"

"I don't blame him, it was a long time ago- and after what happened to him during the war I don't blame him for forgetting us." Brooke said with a small laugh. "Maybe the title we went by back then will refresh your memory. We called ourselves the Star-Blessed Twelve."

At that a look of recognition appeared on his face. "No way..."

"Finally remembered, huh?"

"Captain do you really know these people?" Diane asked.

"It was a long time ago but I've met them before. But I don't understand how you all are still here- I mean most of you should be dead after this long."

Gowther reached up and placed his hand to his chin. "Yes. From what I know Sirens have an average life span of 1,000 years, Minotaur's have an average lifespan of 400 years. And a Centaur has the same lifespan as a human."

"Damn, you really know your stuff." Aarona said. 

"One of the blessings we had received was Immortality. No matter what happens to us we won't be able to die. Trust me, we've been through enough to know." Sage said.

"Sorry, but I'm a little lost here. Are you guys somehow all over a thousand years old or something?" King asked, looking between the four.

"Oh, we're way older than that." Titus said.

"Most of us are over 4,000 years old. For example I am 4,367." Sage said.

Aarona sputtered looking at Sage with wide eyes, "You actually remember how old you are?!"

"Of course! It's very simple to keep track of. Don't tell me you forgot how old you are."

"After you hit 1,000 it's kinda meaningless. I completely lost count sometime after 1,200."

"Back to the topic on hand, now that you know a bit about who we are hopefully we've dispelled any of your suspicions of us!"

"Yeah, yeah. You're good for now." Ban said, waving his hand dismissively.

Meliodas grinned and clapped his hands together, getting the groups attention on him. "Great, now that that's taken care of why don't we start preparing some food. I don't know about you all but I'm starving!"