Chapter 8

"Wh- what just happened?!" Jericho asked, looking over at Guila with complete shock on her face.

"I was wondering when you'd arrive." Aarona said, looking straight at the cause of Guila's sudden flight.

Standing just where the knight had been was a man with a complexion much like Aarona's. For the most part he looked human, but the strong bull legs and horns protruding from his head showed that he was anything but human.

"I would of gotten here sooner if you hadn't left me in that tree." The newcomer said with an annoyed huff.

"Did you get your horns stuck in some branches again?" Brooke asked.

The newcomer looked at her, his cheeks having a small tint of red as an embarrassed expression appeared on his face. "What- no- I didn't-"

"I can see the leaves and branches stuck in your hair."

"Well Aarona left me there to die!"

"You're a grown minotaur, Titus, you should be able to free your horns from branches yourself." Aarona said, crossing her arms. "And I didn't leave you there to die! That would imply that you could actually die!"

"As much as I love watching your sibling quarrels we have an enemy to fight." Brooke said, looking at the two.

"Enemy, what enemy?" Titus asked. "You mean that pipsqueak over there?" He pointed towards Jericho, who looked annoyed at the fact she was practically being ignored.

"First you ignore me then you call me a pipsqueak?! You really know how to piss someone off!" She suddenly lunged towards Titus with her sword drawn. When she got close Brooke watched as she swung down with enough power to kick up dust around the two of them.

"Huh, I think I felt something." Titus said, grabbing the sword that was stuck in his shoulder and pulling it out with a grin on his face. The cut that the sword left started to stich itself over until it was completely healed.

"That's impossible." Jericho said, pushing back and looking at Titus with wide eyes. "My sword barely broke through your skin."

"Don't take it too personally, there aren't a lot of weapons that can hurt me." Titus said as he took a step forwards. "Unless you wield a weapon blessed by the stars then you don't have a chance in bringing me down." He stood in front of her and pulled his fist back. "I have no clue why you're fighting my sister and friend, but if they see you as an enemy then so do I." He swung his fist forwards and punched Jericho right in the gut, sending her flying back into the small stone fence that was a little ways up the hill. "Now, that wasn't too hard!"

"Is she even still alive?" Hawk squealed, looking from Titus to the spot Jericho landed.

Titus shrugged. "Eh, probably."

Suddenly the air grew tense, and a strong darkness surrounded everyone in the field. Looking over her shoulder Brooke saw that Guila had recovered from Titus' attack and picked up the sword hilt that Meliodas had been keeping with him. Apparently Elizabeth had dropped it when she had been caught in the explosion. With Guila grabbing the hilt, the jewel- which Brooke recognized as a Goddess Amber- had exploded and was filling up the air sphere that Elizabeth was in. Acting fast Brooke dropped the spell and the darkness swirled out engulfing Guila for a split second before pulling away and taking form Meliodas appearing beside Elizabeth, an empty look on his face as shadows engulfed almost half of his body. Meliodas had the sword back in his hand, and Guila's hand... wasn't really connected to her body anymore.

"Woah, that's intense." Aarona said.

"That kid chopped off her hand like it was nothing!" Titus exclaimed. "I'm impressed, also really, really scared. He's on our side, right? I hope he is-"