chapter 17: Life span

(Y/N) pov

I've been conscious of the events so far and writing it in a notebook just in case.

Now this is the day where we play Tag.
It was Emma idea,  So that we can train ourselves when we escape outside but of course that was a secret between those three and it will look like we are just playing
So Norman was an "It" While Emma and Ray was helping and teaching us.  We are following Emma and Emma's physical endurance was no joke at all,  In my past like when I was the same age of Emma I don't even want to run. 

Ray giving the kids an tip how to run from the "It". This is really the exact event from the story except for Jean who's for some reason he joined us in the tag, well Emma invited him.

Still, Norman is really good at playing Tag and he caught everyone as well so after we've finished, we went back, While we are heading back I asked for an advice to Norman.

Norman has a weak physical endurance and he's not like Emma or Don who can always run.  I must say he has an weak stamina but still he always won at the game whenever he's an "it" A perfect person which I could ask an advice on.

I approach Norman, I said with a low voice so that everybody can't hear "Norman,  I want to ask you something. "
He noticed me and replied with a low voice too.
"Hmm ? What is it? "

"Ray gave us an advice how to run from the "it" but what If you were the one who need to chase or Tag?"

I asked as we keep walking.

"What do you think is the most important thing when playing tag? "

He asked me back,  I am not the type of person who like to do outdoor activities in my past life,  I prefer to stay at home all the time but all I know in playing tag is..

"Able to run faster? " I answered .

"It's stamina. " He pointed it out and continued.
"If you just keep running and just chasing your target,  your stamina will run out before you knew it. First chase them slowly if you see them let them run and run as they get tired and that's your chance to caught them and be aware of your surrounding,  look at footprint or any possibility things that made them run in the direction."
He explained. 

"Ohh... Is that so?  Thank you for the advice Norman. " I understood,  Now I know why I never win as an "It" I always chased them without thinking at all and tired myself out.
Norman stared at me with a serious eyes and move his mouth to talk.
"By the way,  (Y/N) What did you talk about with je-"

His words suddenly interrupted and stopped walking and the other kids as well. I wasn't able to hear it properly.
Emma,  Norman,  Ray who was sitting in the tree,  and kids their direction went on the sister krone who was approaching us.

"Playing tag looks fun, I want to get along with everyone,  So let's play Tag,  the match time limit will be 20 minutes, I'll be "it", Everyone  try to run away from me." She said as she was carrying a child in her back.

So the tag game has started with sister krone.
But there's two thing I needed to do.
Jean said I have the first 10 minutes to get away from sister krone and if I succesfully get away and didn't caught in those 10 minutes now I can chase Jean and caught him.
This game is hard and annoying as well especially with my physical condition. 
He can just tell me the information I needed to know but no, there is a conditions and I don't like how he thinks this is entertaining.
The game tag has begun and sister krone started to count while the kids started to run in forest,  I started to run as well.

According on the anime,  She'll start to catch the kids by making a leaf with cute shapes.

I bought own timer,  I run to the opposite direction and moved alone.
For now I'll try to run away from her as possible and hide for the mean time.
I arrived at the end of the forest near the wall. 
And I was run out of breath so I hid in some bushes.
I look at the timer and only 3 minutes pass by there are still 17 minutes left.
I tried to not move around so someone couldn't notice me.
After two minutes has passed.
I needed to find another hiding spot
So I moved and stand from the Bush.

"Enjoying much? (Y/N)?"
A voice which I suddenly heard from above and one of the close tree , It was Jean who was sitting in a tree branch.

"Don't startled me like that!  I thought  I was done for, How did I not noticed you? I swear I was the first one who came here."

Jean came down the tree carefully and talked.

"Well,  When I got here you were focusing on the timer so I climbed at the tree while your at it, but you still didn't notice me. Opps! Don't chase me yet,  10 minutes still hasn't passed right? "

He said smiling while being sarcastic.

"I know,  4 more minutes,  Till I hun- I mean chase you. "

"You were gonna said Till I hunt you down right? "

"N-no, Anyway Can i ask? About what's your plan?" I've asked directly to him.

"About what?" He was Confused.

"Do you plan to escape as well? With the kids? I doubt Emma will not let you escape with us."

"Well since this is the main character we are talking about she'll probably make me come even if I refused."
He stated the fact,

  Emma is really a nice main character,  She is the type of person who will sacrifice herself for others and Think for others priority first rather than prioritized herself. This is why Emma is one of the main character I really love,  But I gotta live on the reality that I live in this anime now.  This is my reality,  I no longer thought of them as a character but a real person.

"So you are going with us? " I asked again.

"I don't know,  I might die first before we even escape. "
He said,  Looking straight and serious on my eyes and he looks like he isn't lying.

"W-what do you mean? "
Die before we even escape?  That's ridiculous,  I know we're gonna shipped when we turned 6 or 12 except for Norman's case.

"Oh,  that's right, I forgot That You didn't know about it."

"What do i not know?? Please just tell me."

Jean slowly moved his mouth as he speak and I feel like my hope has been shattered when I heard it.

"You and I,  Both of us...  Has a very short life span."
He smiled very weakly and his eyes were very serious.

//////////////
(A/N)  hello,  Merry chirstmas and happy 2021! Sorry for a late greeting.
I started this fanfic since 2019 but I didn't even finished it yet...  Lols

TPN season 2 is out!  Have you guys watched it?  And yeah take care and stay toon!