Chapter 12: Poker Face

Ray POV.

Another ordinary morning, except for the past event that happened a few days ago, The first step of the plan succestfully work.
Emma and Norman has finally knew the truth.

After the daily routine of the house, it was our playtime Both Emma and Norman was gone but i know where they went.
They are probably in the near by in the walls surround the orphanage, so I've follow them there.

(Y/n) still have a fever, and stayed in another room for a while.
Next time, I'll always remind her to take care of herself and keep an eye on her like I always do.

I already can see the two near the wall and i heard Emma said "Hey Norman, couldn't we tell Ray about this?"
Norman replied "I was thinking the same thing, Ray wouldn't panic over it and his vast knowledge extends to machines, too. I'm sure he'll be a great help."
Then norman looked down "But..."
"But?" Emma said with a curious tone
"I'll tell him myself, you need to head back in the house Emm-"

"Why?" I inturruped them and turn their direction into me.
This is where i need them to tell me about it. I can't do anything pretending to know nothing.

"Ray?"

"Hey,  Sorry. i followed you."

"Huh??" (Emma)
"Haha..." (Norman)
"I figured it was about time i got you guys spill the bean." I said and handed Emma a book, the i grabbed both of them and questionly asked.
"What happened at that gate at night?"
"Ehh?" (Emma)
"Back when you deliever Little Bunny to Conny, I mean. You were acting strangely. You said you didn't make it in time but came back empty-handed."
"Your too sharp..." Norman smiled shyly.
"There's no way nothing happened! spit it out!"

"Ye-yes, Ray you're really smart too." (Emma)

After a few moment, the two finally said it to me about that day, what they saw, Conny and Mama.

"Demons, a farm...  Mama is an enemy...? This is messed up."

"You digested that quickly!" (Emma)

"So basically we're carefully-monitored as demon food?"(Ray)

"And wait..." emma point her finger at me and norman lool at emma the she continued "why did you believed us that quickly?"

Well of course.

"Why wouldn't I? Norman  would never lie about something like this. You're one thing but not him. Anyway, there are bunch of issues when it comes of making an escape,  the biggest is the number, if we limit it yo those who can actually-"

"Wait!" Emma interrupted me.

"We want to get everyone out. Help us Ray."

I look at Emma, i thought so Emma is this kind of person who can't leave someone.

"Everyone? You're kidding right?" There are 38 of us, and most of are below the age of six. With mama, the demons, and the transmitters, escaping is already difficult and it will get much worse. If we take everyone."

"We know that. But it's not impossible for-" (emma)

"No, it is impossible. Emma you haven't realized it, have you?"

"Ray wait!" Norman tried to stop me.

"I see, so that's why you wanted to talk  to me alone. These things should be spelled out, Emma."

"What?" Emma replied with an confused face

"Just escaping this place isn't enough."

"What do you mean?"