CHAPTER EIGHT

The five kids had been alone in the gymnasium for quite some time. Jonathan and Nancy were supposed to have stayed with them, but they had both left the gym at the same time Hopper and Joyce had and had not come back, leaving Mike and Emily in particular very anxious. So anxious that they simultaneously decided to get up and look for them. Once they had exited the gym, they separated, Emily going down the hallway and Mike going outside. Emily found the hallway completely empty except for her and turned around to go the other way, planning on going outside with Mike, but he came back inside the building just before she did.

"They left, didn't they?" Emily asked him.

"Yeah. They did," Mike answered.

"Assholes," Emily muttered as the two of them went back inside the gym.

"They're gone," Mike told the other three.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere," Dustin said.

"Gross," Lucas said.

"No. No way!" Mike said.

"Yeah, Jonathan wouldn't have left us here unless it was for something important," Emily said.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin questioned.

"I don't know," Mike said.

"No," Eleven said.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes."

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon."

Emily sighed, internally cursing her brother.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Guys, guys! This is crazy," Mike said. "We can't just wait around."

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives," Lucas reminded him. "The bad men are still looking for us."

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is," Dustin added.

"El can find them," Mike said.

"Mike, she's drained," Emily told him. "We need to let her rest for now."

"I thought you said you didn't want to sit around either?"

"I did, but we can't just use El whenever we have a problem. She has her limits and it's not our place to push them. This is up to us."

"I still think we should stick to the chief's plan," Dustin said.

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe," Lucas agreed. "That's the most important thing, remember? Besides, Nancy's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin said before walking away.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike called after him.