CHAPTER FIVE

Agent Harmon's condition continued to get worse as time went on. While he drove, Argyle seemed on the verge of a panic attack. Meanwhile, in the back, Jonathan, Mike, Will, Emily, and Amber were all working together to try to keep Agent Harmon alive by applying pressure on his wound and stuffing it with napkins in an attempt to stop the bleeding. It seemed that this attempt was futile, as the blood just kept flowing.

"Argyle! Gotta get us to St. Mary's!" Jonathan yelled.

"I don't think praying's gonna help that dude, man!" Argyle responded.

"Come on, Argyle, now's not the time to be a smart-ass!" said Amber.

"St. Mary's Hospital, you idiot!" said Jonathan.

"No. No," Agent Harmon gasped.

"What?"

"No hospital."

"No, no, we're gonna get you to the hospital."

"You need to warn... O-Owens."

"Owens, okay."

"The girl. Sh-sh-she's in danger."

"Okay, h-how do we find Owens?"

"Nina. Nina."

"Nina? Who's Nina?" Mike asked.

While Agent Harmon only continued to get paler, the group were rushing to find a pen and something to write on so that the man could write down a number to call to get ahold of Dr. Owens. But, just as they did, his head lolled, and the group fell quiet.

"Oh, shit," Amber cursed.

"Why's it so quiet back there, huh?" Argyle questioned fearfully. "Yo, is he dead? Jesus, man. Talk to me! Shit!"

While Amber gazed down at her shaking, bloodied hands with shock, and Will, Emily, and Mike looked around at each other, their hearts sinking as they realized that their only assist in finding Dr. Owens had died, Jonathan's eyes drifted up from the agent to look through the back window.

"We should get off the road," he said.

The twins followed their brother's gaze and saw a sleek black car following them. Knowing who drove those kinds of cars, they began to panic.

"Argyle, Ar-Argyle, get off the road, now!" Will shouted.

"Shit, he's dead, isn't he?" said Argyle. "Oh, this is bad!"

"Do you wanna end up like him?" Emily said loudly.

"No!"

"Then get off the road!"

With a fast, sudden turn of the steering wheel, Argyle turned the van off of the road and onto the dirt wilderness beside it.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After escaping the government agents chasing after them, the group found a secluded piece of desert to stop. It was there that Mike, Jonathan, Will, and Emily explained to Amber and Argyle exactly why they were having to run from the government. This information left Amber speechless, but Argyle, on the other hand, had a lot to say, and he was not holding back in the slightest while the others buried the body of Agent Harmon.