kenma.k | they're not a she

𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦chapter four; kenma kozume𝑡𝑤; 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 + 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑏𝑖𝑎 / 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦
chapter four; kenma kozume
𝑡𝑤; 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 + 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑝ℎ𝑜𝑏𝑖𝑎 / 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔

IT HAD always been a struggle being non-binary. Some people were rude about it, some people didn't believe in it even though it's scientifically proven that non-binary people exist. why the fuck should you care about what others had to say? You had your amazing friends, a loving boyfriend, and a roof over your head, what more could you ask for? But of course someone had to come along and make you feel like shit, and it especially had to be someone from fucking karasuno.

"Hey babe, let's go talk to hinata and the team!" You beamed, pulling him by the arm over to the team conversing. "Wha- okay I guess.." he trailed off, turning off his nintendo and diverting his attention to you and partly the floor. "hey guys!" You yelped, seeing how you made a lot of the team members' eyes shine a bit. "hey y/n!" hinata yelled, coming up and hugging you tightly. "oomf! hey shoyo-kun, what's up?" you asked, pulling back and glancing at kenma who was slightly glaring at hinata.

hinata began to start rambling about the previous matches he had and the arguments he got into with kageyama, who butted in and claimed that he wasn't telling the truth several times. You nodded at some of his claims.

"That's so nice to hear! if you dont mind, I brought kenma along with me." You motioned over to kenma who was a few inches behind you, trying to keep quiet. Hinata gasped. "KENMA-SAN?!?!" he yelled, immediately embracing the frail boy with all of his strength. you tapped hinata on the shoulder after you realized that kenma was struggling to breathe and he noticed he held on for too long, letting go and sheepishly apologizing at kenma's shaky pants.

"it's fine shoyo." you spoke for him, patting your boyfriend on the back a bit. you kept giving with the karasuno team until you saw that yamaguchi and tsukishima had slightly strayed away, talking loudly to one another. you quirked an eyebrow as tsukishima looked at you and loudly said. "I don't like her. she's annoying and just as loud as hinata" he smugly spoke, reveling in how your facial expression dropped.

Your lips tugged down in a frown and your eyebrows furrowed, tears slightly coming up. you noticed that the conversation had died down in the group and the group was looking at tadashi and kei in various levels of displeasure. "w-what?" you quietly questioned. you were just hoping it was a misunderstanding or a lie your ears were hearing.

he boldly looked you right in the eyes and stated, yet once again. "I said 'i don't like her. she's annoying and just as loud as hinata." you knew it wasn't a misinterpretation, he emphasized on the wrong pronouns. a fire lit in your chest, anger rose through you but before you could get a word in kenma put a hand onto your shoulder, rubbing it affectionately. "don't worry, bunny" he gave a loving kiss to your temple before stepping up in front of the two males.

"they're not a she." he spat, looking tsukishima dead in his eyes. kei looked like he was going to speak before kenma shut him up with a simple narrow of his eyes and a glare, that of a feline. "if you can't learn to respect pronouns then fuck off." he kept going. "my s/o has to live with being disrespected all the fucking time and you arent helping at all, so please, get it through your thick ass head that they're not a she!" he snapped, taking small strides up to him until he was just about in his face- well, chest.

Even though kenma wasn't a tall bloke he was intimidating, especially while the entirety of nekoma was walking up behind him, assessing the situation at hand and glaring at the pair of teens, hard.

at this point kuroo had put a hand on kenmas shoulder and taken it into his own hands to talk down the beanpole and broccoli headed pair. kenmas eyes snapped out of their glaring state and zoomed in onto you. you were crying, sugawara and hinata both at your sides comforting you while daichi, tanaka, and ennoshita looked furious. nishinoya, kinnoshita, narita, asahi and kageyama were stood at the sides, not being good at comforting people but still being a bit angered at the situation at hand.

kenmas eyes softened as he frantically walked up to you, sugawara and hinata both slightly backing away. you were sniffling and shaking a bit while looking at the floor a dull ache of sadness taking over slightly. kenma took both of your hands in his own soft ones and brought you into his loving embrace.

"'m sorry.." you muttered against his shoulder, tears slowly stopping as your shaking got a bit worse. he pulled you back, hands both flying up to each of your shoulders, "why are you sorry? if anything, he should apologize, bunny." he questioned, wiping away a few stray tears.

your eyes clouded again before you gestured to the people around you staring. "for making such a scene, it was just a few words, I'm overreacting!" you ranted as you began apologizing repetitely. he didn't even let you get another word in before rebutting. "no.. no no no your not! you aren't overreacting, you dont deserve for assholes like him to purposely misgender you as a way of teasing. no no no, if anything he should be sorry, not my beautiful, amazing, caring s/o." he smiled towards the end, caressing your face with his thumb.

you leaned into his touch, eyes fluttering shut as your eyes clouded with tears finally let loose and your last two tears slid down your face. "i love you." you contently spoke, smiling a bit.

"I love you too, bunny." kenma replied, bringing his lips to your own in a dance of souls.

mars asf
look me in the eyes and tell me
tsukishimas not mwah. he is a god
and he probably is the hottest
person I've ever seen in my life.
BUT I HAD TO USE HIM FORJSKS
IM SO SORRH BABY 😪😪😪😪