💛 ~ 4 ~ 💛

Classic had skipped the remaining meals for the day. Each time the group gathered to eat, there was a brief knock and warming voice trying to pull him from his chambers. He would sit on the bed, tucked beneath the warmth the sheets offered while listening to Blue's soft voice. Growing up with Gaster twisted his view on society as a whole. Royals were shown as threats, but the group before him was the complete opposite. It left his mind in turmoil and his soul feeling heavy as conflicts enveloped his consciousness. After minutes of mere silence, he always heard Blues lingering footsteps before silence once more ensued. Every second of the silence was unbearable. Classic had always known that silence was the loudest at times.

Night had fell over the kingdom without notice, Classic glancing toward the window. The stars rested high in the sky, illuminating the dark surface. The moon was half full, casting a glow into his chambers. A small smile slid over his features as he adjusted his mask. He moved silently toward the door, his sight being met by complete darkness. Classic had heard the rest head off for the night, leaving him the ability to glance around and sneak something subtle to eat. Missing three meals was taxing on his energy levels as well.

He wandered along the lengthy halls as he trailed his fingertips over the smooth wall. Classic was thankful at times for his great memory. Having tracked the entire length of the castle, he knew where each hallway led. It made sneaking around undetected easier, though he hadn't found much need to remain in stealth. His soul was calm being in the castle, whether it was due to the protection around him, or the friendly faces.  

"Classic? What are you doing up at this hour?" The gentle voice drew his gaze before a silent sigh rolled from Classic's tongue.

"I hadn't eaten a thing all day and was feeling famished. Hope I didn't wake you Blue." There was a lingering absence of sound before Blue chuckled lightly, his hand reaching out. Classic noticed his slight stumble forward, his hand reaching out and stabilizing the smaller skeleton.

"Thank you Classic... I am rather clumsy at times..." 

"I can tell. Be careful about your health, okay?" 

"Mhm~ I will!" Blue voice was laced in gratitude as he tugged Classic along with him, a slight smile tugging at Classic's expression. "How about I make you something?" 

"That would be nice Blue. Thank you."

The kitchen was far bigger than Classic had anticipated. Cabinets covered the high areas of the wall. Pots and pans were lined on the counter, while dirty dishes were placed snug in the sink to be washed when early morning arrived. Blue had waltzed in without hesitation, pulling Classic along as well. Kitchens were not normal for him, especially with the guild. Assassins ate whenever able, which often happened to be during missions. Classic never took breaks from committing his own crimes for some change, but that was his reality.

"So, what do you like to eat?" The words reached Classic's mind as he shrugged slightly, Blue giving a dissatisfied expression. "You don't know, or refuse to choose?"

"The latter. I personally don't care what I eat, so long as it give some nutrition value." Blue nodded as he marched toward the fridge, his hand pulling out a tub of yogurt. The creamy substance wasn't something Classic had eaten before. Part of being poor and indebt to a guild. He would have been more than thankful for the bit of yogurt from the container, but seeing Blue pull cartons of fruits and some granola gave him a tinge of joy. Fruits were his favorite. They gave needed nutrition's while still remaining tasty and sweet. 

"Parfaits! I figured a midnight snack wouldn't kill me either, if you're okay with that!" Classic could see the hopeful look in the small skeletons gaze. It forced a sigh from Classic before he chuckled lightly, a brief nod reaching Blue. "Wonderful! Now, which fruits would you prefer?"

"Can I request a bit of all of them? I personally enjoy fruits more than most food groups." Blue nodded before clapping his hands together.

"I know, right? Fruits are sweet, bitter, tart, even sour. It leaves the taste buds dancing as the textures and sensations blossom forth."

"You're rather poetic Blue." There was a brief silence before Blue almost seemed sad. It drew worry as Classic quickly forced words to leave his mouth, ignoring his stubborn nature. "I am sorry... I hope I didn't say something offensive."

"No, nothing like that. Your words reminded me of someone, that's all. They were like a brother to me. Always invested in books and poetry. Most of the time they would recite the words to me and I would remember them for good memories. It turned out, he never made it through the illness years back."

"Was he a royal as well?" Blue shook his head before leaning against the counter, his fingers chopping the fruit slowly.

"No. He was a citizen of this kingdom. We knew each other after an accident that caused our initial meeting. He was kind of like you, hidden in the darkness and seeking wealth. His petty ways got him caught the moment he attempted to rob me. As payment, he worked among the castle staff under my supervision. We would sneak into the kitchen to cook stuff, which then led to the fire. It was rather amusing, watching him panic and think his future was going to crumble before him."

"Must have been a really good friend..." Classic could hear movement once his voice cracked, something wet trailing his cheeks. It had caught Blue by surprise at first before Classic's gaze gave answers that Blue sought.

"You too, had a good friend?" 

"Yeah. You could say that. A guild member who happened to break the walls I always wore around me. Mind telling me how you friend died?" 

"I don't mind. It was a few years ago and I have moved on as best as I could. He died from the plague that spread like wild fire through all kingdoms. It took so many innocent lives in a mere week." Classic lowered his head, his palms catching the tear drops.

"I am sorry to hear. He really did seem like a good person... Guess it proves the good will always suffer, you know?" Blue stopped cutting the fruits as he rested the knife on the cutting board. Slowly he approached, his hand reaching out and pressing lightly to Classic's fingers.

"Classic... The good might suffer at times, but the ones that keep going find the end of the path they desire. You told me today that you didn't need friends, but I can see how lonely you are. I say this because I find that you lie to coat the true emotions that lie in your soul. I want to be friends with you, but I can't if you won't allow it."

"But befriending me is asking for a target above your head. I don't want that..." Classic felt his breath hitch the moment arms wrapped lightly around him. He could feel the warmth Blue offered, leaving his lacking soul to yearn for more.

"I do not fear the consequences of choosing my friends. You are someone in this castle, thus a friendship I wish to shelter. One I wish to grow." Classic felt his walls crumble. The tears felt almost endless. Never had such genuine words been spoken to him. Never had such gentle arms embraced him. His soul felt light as he welcomed the hug, his head pressed to Blue's shoulder. His tears stained the fabric of his new found friend, but neither cared. "Classic, I wish to be someone you can come to whenever your sad. No more hiding and avoiding us, okay?"

"Mhm..." Classic gave a brief grunt as Blue chuckled softly. Hands patted Classic's skull as Blue worked to ease him. To help a calm air return. Classic couldn't help but crave the feeling. The feeling of friendship. Of understanding. Of Freedom.

He desired nothing more than to be free from the shackles that held him to the guild. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the shorter chapter. I needed this one to welcome Classic a bit more so he would open up. Any who, looking forward to the next chapter and wish you all the best ^_^