💛 ~ 17 ~ 💛

(Surprise... Papyrus' POV)

Time went on as usual, a calming silence enveloping the woodlands after the time limit had reached it's end. He climbed carefully from the hole where he had wedged himself in, landing gracefully, his gaze wandered. Curiosity ate at him, begging to check on his brother's dearest friend. But his gut warned otherwise. There was a reason he'd been asked to remain hidden, though the truth was kept at bay from his own mind. All he knew was that danger lurked close for his only family member, his brother. He was all alone in the woods, left in the shadows that the heavy leaves overhead offered. Taking a long inhale, he took a look toward the compass pressed in his pocket. His brother had prepared him for the worse, offering knowledge to survive. It was something Papyrus never understood, never saw as a needed skill. But in that moment, he had never been happier to have those lessons. With his world torn in two, he was alone for the time and had to push onward. His only goal given was to find Classic and the kingdom affiliated with his brother.

Taking long glances at the compass, he moved onward in silence. His footsteps were light, his mind open and observation accurate. He couldn't fail this. Couldn't be a burden to his brother and whatever scheme was crashing down on them. His fingers gripped the compass heavily, imagining his brothers gentle embrace. How he wished he could have that to settle his nerves. His new adventure was something terrifying, but thrilling. Even so, he had no choice but to suppress those nerves and choke down the fear. So he did. He cut through the woodland, following the given directions no matter how far the walk may be. Hours he had moved onward, looking for the point of rest. He was not safe, that much was known. So he never took a break. Never rested. Not until his life was granted protection from the cursed guild. Whilst his brother thought Papyrus was unaware, the small skeleton knew much. Knew the money his brother paid in hopes for their freedom. Everything Sans had done was for him, never for selfish reasons. It was the main point where the brotherly bond and love grew from. They always held the other close and watched the others back. They were inseparable.

What felt like forever was merely a couple hours before Papyrus found himself along a roadway. While it was dangerous, he feared reentering the woodlands in chance he became lost. His body felt tired from exhaustion and his motivation wore thin. He was more willing to collapse than carry on. So he did. His knees buckled, body falling to the dirt below. His breath clung to his lungs, aching as a searing fire roared through his small frame. He felt alone and winded. Felt empty and weak. Papyrus was not his brother. He was not agile. Not intelligent and witty. He was weak and small. Fragile and desperate for anything. For anyone to come along and welcome his with open arms. While he tried to be tough, the act was tiring and brought his soul to a heavy blow, as if the weight of everything was crushing him. He just wanted to rest. To be safe. So he laid their, along the roads edge. His gaze remained firm, yet narrowed as he welcomed the feeling of the blackness sleep may offer. The peace in his mind letting the world vanish from his worries in that one moment. Or so he had planned until sounds startled him. They jolted him upright as he looked fearful, seeing the figures along the roads edge. The horses rearing back and squealing. A simple voice reached his mind as his gaze struggled to focus, a golden blur appearing before him.

"Are you alright little one?"

(Classic's POV)

As the hours ticked by, Classic eventually found the strength to head to dinner shortly after it had been called. Upon arriving, he noticed Nightmare's lack of attendance, a long sigh leaving him. Whatever the king feared, it brought a heavy weight on him and urged the other to avoid Classic. It wounded the young skeleton dearly. He had so many questions, including the sensation that played over his mouth from previous memories that broke through the blur. Even so, he forced the urge to seek the other out. If the king sought his distance, than that was what Classic offered.

The rest of the members of the royals all sat in their seats, eating away as if nothing was wrong. All besides Error. The other was watching Classic closely, which reminded him of earlier inspections. What had made the king seek to distance yet keep the loyal member beside the assassin? It left so many unanswered questions. Sighing, Classic looked to his food, hesitating briefly. His appetite was scarce in that moment, urging him to refuse the food. His stomach felt hollow, yet hunger didn't eat at him. Frowning, he rested the fork to the side before rising, dismissing himself from the table. He moved from the dining hall, aware another followed suit. 

"You need not follow me, Error."

"I understand, but I have been asked to keep an eye out. What has kept you from eating?" Classic sighed before stopping, his gaze shifting as he leaned on the wall.

"I feel unable to eat in this moment. Sick to my stomach and troubled by events that plague my mind and remain completely unanswered!" Error nodded before leaning beside the other. His frown was heavy, baring down on the two.

"I know this is troublesome, but the king seeks you remain unaware for you own sake. He fears the outcome of his actions."

"What actions? I remember brief pieces. A kiss. The thug that I put in place a while back. What is so worrisome that he dares hide from me? He shows slight interest and then merely cowers away?" A silence hung in the open before Error found his words, his smile almost sympathetic.

"He is a foolish king, but does what is best. I will hint at events, but can not tell everything. Understand that so long as things do not change within you, those facts will remain secret. If something occurs that may be unnatural, I will reveal it all. You were drugged with a potent drug, one that overwhelms the one who took it. Simply put, you become uncontrollable when it comes to lust. He had saved you, but other events proceeded and he blames himself. Take it easy on him and if you desire the complete truth, urge him to tell you. I am sworn to remain quiet, but believe it or not, he will crumble to your words. We all would. You are welcomed here and someone important to us." Classic frowned before rubbing his temples. He gave a short smile before pushing off the wall.

"I get what you are saying for the most part. I will head to my room for the eve, so do not disturb me. Tonight I wish to simply think, bask in my own mind and comfort myself. Until tomorrow." Error nodded as he watched Classic wander off, his words leaving his mouth in a hushed whisper.

"A storm is coming and I fear the worst... I truly hope you will not be dragged down in the process, for the sake of you and the future you hold within."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you've enjoyed and this story is back and running. Let me know your thoughts and looking forward to continuing this adventure once more <3