3. Those were the days

🐴🐴🐴

Ever since George died, Dream hadn't had energy for anything. He didn't want to hang out with his friends, he didn't want to make videos or even play Minecraft anymore.

Mostly he just laid in his bed in the dark room, staring up at the ceiling or the inside of his mask. The face on it was always smiling, but he wasn't.

George had meant everything to Dream. It was his best friend in the whole world, and he had hoped for them to always be. Until now.

The whole world had basically exploded at the news. It was a huge mix of emotions - sadness, pity, disbelief, some who thought it was a troll and lots who honored him. He was a hero, having sacrificed himself for his friend.

It was Dream who had been forced to tell everyone. All their friends, all his friends and his family. Every time he repeated the story he just felt worse.

🐴🐴🐴

It had been two days since the accident now. Dream was laying in the hotel bed, just like the days before, staring at the roof. He was supposed to go back to the United States today, but he couldn't leave just yet. Only one day more.

His phone rang. He rarely answered it, but now he did. It was Sapnap's, his other best friend's, voice that could be heard from the other side.

"Dream!" Sapnap called out immediately. "Are you there? Hello?"

"I'm here," mumbled Dream. He didn't have the energy for this.

"Good. You haven't answered anyone on teamspeak or discord. Are you still in bed?"

When Dream didn't answer, Sapnap sighed.
"You're supposed to leave today, right?"

"Nah, I rebooked the plane. I'm not strong enought to even move yet."

"Come on, man. You have to come back sooner or later anyways. You can't keep going like this."

Dream muttered. "I manage."

"Just get over here, already. Staying there only makes it worse. You have to try to move on."

"I know, I just- I can't right now."

Dream hung up, but he didn't go back to the staring. Instead he stood up straight.

Sapnap was right. Everyone of his friends was right. Badboyhalo, Wilbur Soot... everyone else he played with. They had all tried to make him feel better, while comforting themselves too.

But it had been the hardest for Dream. He hadn't only witnessed it, he had been the cause of it.

And for that, he could never forgive himself.

🐴🐴🐴

"Hey, I'm looking for the keys to this room..."

Dream was trying to convince the owner of the appartment building to unlock George's for him. Before he left, he would have to get some of the stuff.

"Sorry, they are clearing it out. The owner died at the night of January the seventh." The house keeper looked tired and slightly annoyed.