Epilouge

April 7th

Once he had died.

And another time, he had come back to life.

George often thought about his adventure. How it had changed him, but not everyone around him.

Four months after his long journey as a horse, having traveled from London to Alabama, experiencing shelters, the open sea, rodeo, wilderness and the Golden Fields, meeting both new friends and new foes, he was finally where he belonged.

George was no horse. It was not his belonging. He was a British streamer and Youtuber who lived with his best friend - and partner, in Florida.

Things had truly changed. He had done things right this time.

But he had also forgotten most of it. Despite his diary, it seemed distant, just a blur in the back of his head. Despite how much people would tell him his story was all fake, or a dream, he didn't quite remember it anymore.

The only thing remaining clear as water was his promise to the Queen of Cynwrig - find his home.

And for some reason, he sometimes still felt there was a thing missing.

So when he was reading DMs with half open eyes that day, he didn't expect what was to come.

He didn't expect one DM to catch his attention.

It was nothing special for anyone else. Just a text and an attached image of a dark brown horse and a pale young lady with light blonde straight hair standing beside it.

But to George, it was different. Because he thought he knew this girl. She was... familiar in a way, but he knew he had never seen her before.

Hello, George! the message read.
I don't know why - but I recognize you. Perhaps it was a dream. So, I thought I should say hello! I live in Texas now, with this horse that I found. He seems familiar too. We truly have a bond, him and I.

Hope you have a great life, because I do. I feel home, so to say. If you want to, give me a call!
Take care.

George didn't even hesitate. He immediately grabbed the phone and called the number.

Not long after, someone picked up.

"Hello?" the voice said. It was beyond familiar and he now knew exactly who he was talking to.

"Hello, Dawn."

Dani was silent, as if she suddenly realised.

"It's me," he said. "George. George the horse."

Now he could practically hear her smile back at the other end.

"I knew it," she said. "I knew it was you. I knew you hadn't forgotten me. I knew I wouldn't forget you, after I finished my task and turned back."

"Do you wish to meet up some day?"

"I would love to."

The twenty second call was more meaningful than anything else. Because now, George was complete. He didn't just have Dream as a wonderful boyfriend, he didn't just have his streamer friends.

He had Texas, and he had Dani. A friend that would remain, and that would remember his adventure with him. One that wouldn't call it fake. One that could retell the story.

He was now exactly where he wanted.

He was home.